Chapter Twenty-Three

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

[Author's Note: I have something special for you guys XD To celebrate the fact that this book is now more popular than my most request-to-update story M.E.C.P.S.B, I shall give you Erai's P.O.V!!! And I shall warn you beforehand, it's good XD haha but anyway, another warning, this time serious, Erai's P.O.V will be VERY rare, and I don't plan on writing many chapters in his P.O.V. But I guess to celebrate certain things, I'll throw his P.O.V in as a gift! You guys make me happy c:]

*Erai's P.O.V*

"So, Jake..." One of the many girls surrounding me snaked her arm around mine. "Are you like, the supervisor here?" She asked almost purring, leaning in so her chest was tightly pressing against my side.

"Yeah, I am." I said in almost a whisper, grabbing her chin and looking her in the eyes. "Now if you'd be kind enough to please remove yourself until you're a good 5 feet away.."

Everyone burst out giggling like they always did when I used that kind of sensual tone. No matter what I said, or how mean it was, they never paid attention to what I was saying, just HOW I was saying it.

"You're so hot when you talk to me like that!" The girl that clung to my arm tightened her grip, and I was starting to get annoyed.

I was dealing with these girls all day now, and I haven't gotten the chance to see Seren all day, which aggravated me. I take joy in seeing her priceless reactions, and they were the only thing I came to this cafe for.

"Alright ladies, if you aren't going to order anything, I'm going to have to ask you to-"

"Awwww!" They all cried out at once, drowning out my own voice. "Wait! If I order you, can I stay? Actually... Scratch that, I'll just take you to go!" The same girl who was clutching my arm almost screamed in my ear, and I winced, growing more and more annoyed.

Suddenly they all started to form what seemed to be a sacrificial circle around me, all screaming for me to 'personally serve' them.

But right about now the only thing I wanted to serve was a 'Closed' sign.

And as the girls surrounded me, I saw a shadow of someone walking by. I pushed some of the girls aside to see Seren walking right past us, a grim yet empty expression on her face.

I then completely forgot about the girls surrounding me as I pushed past them, and started walking to Seren. Something was obviously wrong.

She seemed to ignore me as I caught up to her, and I gently grabbed her arm and forced her to stop. "Seren, what's wrong..?" I asked concerned, but she remained quiet.

"Seren?" I now stood in front of her, peering down at her dark face. "What happened?" I asked in a more forceful tone, but she just slowly looked up at me with emotionless eyes.

"Erai... Take me home." She said weakly. My eyes widened, and I scanned her face in confusion. She didn't seem any different other than her mood and paler looking skin, but still I wondered what happened to her to make her act like this.

"Alright... I'll only be a second." I walked around her, giving her a light smile to comfort her as I walked last her and to Mr. Sinclair's office.

I knocked on the door twice, and it opened immediately. Mr. Sinclair stood there looking puzzled for a second, but when he saw it was me, he smiled and stood aside for me to come in.

"Oh, Jake! How can I help you?" He ushered me inside, and I sat down in the chair right in front of his desk. "Before I begin, I need you to sit down." I said in a smooth calm voice. I already knew what I was going to do. I've done it thousands of times before, this time wasn't going to be any different.