Arthur Causes All Sorts Of Problems

You know I never really intended to make Arthur a antagonist, but he makes such a good bad guy that I just can't help myself. He'll probably be redeemed later but for now he's just a huge jerk. 

<><><><>

Alfred sighed tiredly as he took deep breaths trying to calm his racing heart beat down. He had just had a terrible nightmare about Arthur where he not only called him where again but also a number of other horrible names while everyone laughed. 

He glanced over at his brothers bed to see if he had woken up and sighed in relief when he saw that he hadn't, with that worry out of the way he went back to working on his breathing. After doing that for a few minutes he slowly began to calm down, that is until someone pounded on the door causing him to jump in surprise and for Matthew to roll over in his sleep, but thankfully not wake up. 

Alfred got up and quickly opened the door only to scrunch his nose up when the over powering scent of alcohol reached his nose. Standing in front of him was Arthur who was clearly drunk and was clutching a bottle of booze and all Alfred could think was, were the hell did he get it? It wasn't wine so it wasn't from Francis, it wasn't vodka so it wasn't from Ivan, it wasn't beer so it wasn't from Gilbert or Ludwig and he highly doubted Arthur would go to Allistor for booze so were did it come from? Before he could think on the matter further he just barely managed to avoid the punch that Arthur had aimed right for head. 

"Wow Artie what the hell?" Alfred exclaimed in shock which only seemed to piss Arthur off more as without missing a beat he pounced on top of Alfred, which startled him so badly that they fell to the floor, before Arthur swung the bottle he was holding into Alfred's face. 

It smacked him right in the face knocking off his glasses and bruising up his cheek, thankfully the bottle didn't break or the damage would have been worse. Quickly snapping out of his shock Alfred pushed the older man off of him and quickly got to his feet. With some difficulty Arthur managed to do the same. 

"Arthur what his your problem?" Alfred questioned as he once again avoided the punch aimed for his head.  

"What's my hic problem? What a hic laugh, you know damn hic well what my problem is you little hic bitch!" Arthur screamed which startled Alfred enough that Arthur managed to pin him to the wall, however his scream was also loud enough to wake Matthew up. Who, once he saw that Arthur was going to hit Alfred with the bottle again, jumped out of bed and grabbed Arthur by his shirt collar and dragged him away from his brother. 

"Arthur what the hell is wrong with you" Matthew snapped angrily which did nothing to calm the enraged Brit down. 

"It's none of your damn hic business Matthew! Now let me hic at that damn wanker!" Arthur barked harshly while he struggled to get out of Matthew's hold. All this did was anger Matthew further, so he dragged Arthur over to the open door and threw him out before slamming and locking the door before Arthur could get his bearings. 

After that was done he quickly made his way to his brothers side, who had slumped to the floor and was breathing sporadically. Matthew sat in front of him and racked his brain trying to remember the breathing exercises that Lovino had taught them. 

"Alfred, Alfred look at me" He encouraged and after a few minutes Alfred lifted his head to look at Matthew. 

"Okay Alfred remember what Lovino taught you, breath in for 4 seconds" Matthew coached and Alfred took a deep breath. 

"Now hold for 7 seconds" He said and Alfred did as he said. 

"Then breath out for 8 seconds" He finished which Alfred did. After repeating the exercise a few more times Alfred had finally calmed down. He slumped into his brothers arms and rested his head on Matthews shoulder. 

"Thanks Mattie" He whispered softly and Matthew just hummed in acknowledgement, they both jumped when they heard the pounding on door and Arthur drunk shouting. Matthew just hugged Alfred more as they both waited for the shouting to stop. Eventually, after half an hour, the shouting stopped and so did the pounding on the door. 

Matthew sighed in relief before he looked down at Alfred and noticed the bruise forming on his cheek and that his glasses were missing. He glanced around before he spotted them, he leaned over to grab them and was relieved to see that they weren't broken. He then slipped them back onto his brothers face, who just gave him a tired smile. 

"Come on lets get you back to bed" Matthew whispered softly while he stood up with Alfred still clinging to him. He blinked in surprise when Alfred tightened his hold on him. 

"Can I sleep in bed with you?" Alfred asked shyly causing a warm smile to appear on Matthew's face. 

"Of course Alfie, of course" He said just as softly before leading them towards his bed. Alfred took his glasses off again and placed them on the night stand before he curled up into Matthew's arms.

"Goodnight Mattie" He yawned tiredly gaining a chuckle of amusement from Matthew before leaned over to kiss Alfred on the forehead. 

"Goodnight light brother" He whispered softly before falling asleep himself.