Tears And Promises

"What is it you wanted to talk about Lukas?" Mathias asked in a small tone of voice which caused Lukas' eyebrow to twitch in annoyance, he felt his hand make a move for Mathias' tie but he quickly stopped himself. 

"You know exactly what I want to talk about" He said coldly causing Mathias to wince slightly as he stood up and sat back down in one of the chairs, he gestured for Lukas to do the same so he complied. 

"Alright let me have it" Mathias said while looking away from him which caused a frustrated frown to appear on the Norwegian's face. 

"No, I want you to explain to me why you kept something so fucking important a secret!" Lukas snapped startling Mathias, he whipped his head back around to face Lukas and jumped slightly when he saw the pissed off expression on his face. 

"Lukas" Mathias breathed in shock and Lukas just shook his head in frustration as he stood up and started pacing so that he would pull on his tie. He paused in his pacing when he felt his foot hit something, when he looked down he saw it was the stack of paper that Alfred had been holding earlier. He must have dropped them, Lukas mused as he leaned down to pick them up only for Mathias to swoop in and snatch them away from him. Lukas looked up and gave Mathias an annoyed expression but the Dane wasn't looking at him. 

"Mathias hand it over" Lukas said but Mathias just shook his head and held the papers above his head so that Lukas couldn't reach them. The Norwegian huffed and gave him a very unimpressed look. 

"Really Mathias?" Lukas questioned in disbelief  and the Dane just shrugged. Lukas sighed in annoyance as his hand instinctively reached for his tie only to pause half away there when he realized what his hand was doing, instead he slammed his elbow into the Danes stomach which winded him and caused his hands to lower enough for Lukas to grab the papers. And while Mathias was distracted Lukas started reading them, he stiffened when he realized what they were about. 

They were Mathias' medical records, specifically about his throat and how bad the damage really was. Anymore stress put on his vocal cords would damage them so far beyond repair that he would never speak again. 

"My Gods Mathias" Lukas whispered, he already knew that the Dane was loosing his voice potentially forever but to actually see the evidence was shocking. He heard a sigh and turned to face Mathias who was staring at him sadly. 

"I didn't want you to see how bad it was" He said which frustrated Lukas greatly, he reached out and grabbed Mathias' tie shocking the Dane but instead of pulling on it he untied it and flung it away from them. 

"Lukas why did..." Mathias trailed off in shock as he looked at the frustrated tears streaming down the Norwegians faces. Lukas reached up and pounded on Mathias' chest as sobs started escaping his lips. Mathias grabbed his hands causing Lukas to lean his head against the Danes chest. Mathias kneeled down so that he could hold the Norwegian better. 

"Why did you continue wearing that stupid tie if it was getting this bad?" Lukas questioned through his sobs causing a sigh to escape the Danes lips. 

"Because it kept you around" Mathias said softly causing Lukas to look up at him in confusion. 

"What do you mean?" He asked baffled causing another sigh to escape Mathias. 

"I'm an annoying asshole who doesn't deserve the friends I somehow have, but I cherish them all so dearly so if loosing my voice is the only way to keep you around then it was worth it" He explained stunning Lukas greatly. 

"You idiot" He whispered before he pulled the Dane into a tight hug. Mathias stumbled back in shock but quickly returned the hug. 

"You are an amazing individual who I lo-care about an awful lot, so don't do something like this ever again or so help me" Lukas threatened softly causing a faint smile to appear on Mathias' face. 

"Okay" He whispered fondly. Lukas lifted his head from Mathias' chest to give him a pointed look. 

"I'm serious Mathias you better not keep something like this a secret" He threatened and Mathias' grin grew slightly as he nodded. 

"I promise" He whispered. Lukas stared right into his eyes before nodding in satisfaction. They stayed holding each other like that for a while, so long in fact that both of their eyes started to droop. 

"Come on let's head to bed" Mathias said while he helped Lukas to his feat. The Norwegian just nodded as the Dane lead him towards the doors, before they left however Lukas picked up Mathias' tie. 

"I'm going to burn this" He said seriously causing Mathias to laugh as they continued to walk out the door, he felt lighter the he had in years. Taking off the tie would not magically cure his throat but it was the first step to preventing it from getting worse.