Mirror Image

(This is what Alfred was doing while everyone was still to stunned to move)

<><><><>

Alfred sprinted down the halls as tears streamed freely down his face, now everyone knew just how pathetic he was. He slipped into one of the washrooms and dry heaved into the sink, he hadn't had anything to eat since last night so nothing came up. 

He let out a broken sob as he looked up and stared at his reflection, he looked like a mess. He reached up and tried to rub away his tears but they just kept coming and coming. 

"Your such a pathetic waste of space" He muttered to himself as he gripped the edge of the sink tightly. 

"You can't do anything right, your just a murder that everyone pretends to tolerate" He continued to mutter as he placed his elbows on the sink and gripped his hair so tightly he was practically tearing it out. 

"Everyone would be better off if you were dead" He muttered only to stiffen in realization. He slowly removed his hands from his hair and stared at his reflection before reaching into his jacket and pulling out his pistol. He stared down at the gun with a dazed look in his eyes. 

"Everyone would be better off if you were dead" He muttered once again before placing the gun at his temple. He closed his eyes and placed his finger on the trigger. 

"Alfred F. Jones don't you fucking dare!" A desperate sounding New York accent shouted startling Alfred. He slowly removed the gun from his head and glanced around the room in confusion. 

"The mirror little bluebird, face the mirror" The voice spoke up again this time speaking much softer. Alfred furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before turn to face the mirror only to gasp at what he saw. Staring back at him with an unreadable expression on his face was Allen.

"Allen, what are you doing here?" Alfred asked causing Allen to role his eyes and cross his arms. 

"I'm trying to keep you from making a stupid mistake" He barked causing Alfred to shift uncomfortably. 

"You know damn well that shooting yourself isn't going to magically solve all of your problems, if the first 50 times didn't work why should this one? Beside all that's going to do is cause more problems for both of us" Allen stated coldly causing Alfred's grip on the gun to tighten. 

"I know that! I just..." Alfred trailed off tiredly, Allen sighed and gave the American a soft look. 

"You want the pain to go away I get that Alfie, but this isn't the way to do it. We have both tried enough times to figure that out" He said softly causing Alfred to sigh as he placed his elbows onto the counter before putting his face into his hands. Allen wanted to reach out and comfort him but he knew that the minute he stepped out of the mirror that stupid Brit would sense his presence and he just did not want to deal with that right now, besides he had more important things to deal with right now. 

Allen sighed and he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sack, inside was a special kind of powder that he had "borrowed" from Oliver. What the powder wold do was place the person who inhaled it into a trance like state were they would be shown visions of the past that the person most desperately needed to see. In this case it would provide evidence for Alfred that he was valued and loved. He reached into the sack and grabbed a handful of the powder being careful not to inhale any of it himself.

"I'm sorry Alfred but this is for both of our sake's" He said softly causing Alfred to look up at him only to get a face full of powder. Alfred's eyes widened in surprise before they started glazing over as the powder took affect. However Alfred's body reacted in a way that Allen was not expecting. 

Fearful sobs started escaping the American as his body went into a trance like state. He collapsed to the floor as his legs gave out but his arms still had a bit of control left and he gripped the pistol that was still in his hands tightly as he aimed shakily at the mirror. 

"Make it stop Allie make it stop, please!" He sobbed and when all Allen could do was stare in shock Alfred pulled the trigger and shot straight at the mirror. 

"Sorry Allie" Alfred sobbed before the powder took full affect of his mind and body. The only sounds escaping him were his sobs and apologies to Allen. 

Do to the now shattered mirror Allen's vision of Alfred was obscured but thankfully he was able to see Arthur and Francis enter the room. He sighed worriedly as he watched the two men take care of Alfred. 

"Sorry Alfie" He mumbled before walking away from the mirror. Things would work out he just knew they would.