Divide Part 2

Alfred teared up slightly as he stared at the scene before him. It was himself sobbing brokenly as he hunched over Alex who's breathing was extremely laboured. The Civil War had just ended, and Alex was fading. 

"I'm s-sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't want this!" Alfred sobbed as he clutched even tighter to Alex who wheezed slightly.

"What did you think would happen?" Alex questioned in a hoarse sounding voice. Alfred just shrugged weakly as tears continued to fall. 

"I-I don't know I thought we'd both be resensitizes, just like the Italy brothers" He said weakly causing a weak chuckle to escape Alex only to be interrupted by a coughing fit. 

"Still just as naive as ever" He mused in amusement causing Alfred to huff slightly as he tried to wipe his tears away, but they were just replaced with even more. 

"I'm so sorry Alex, I didn't know this would kill you" He said weakly as another sob escaped him. Alex let out a tired sigh before he reached up and gripped Alfred chin with his hand, he forced the American to meet his gaze. 

"Alfred listen to me what I'm about to say is important" Alex wheezed, Alfred nodded as he took Alex's hand off of his chin and instead clutched it between his hands. Alex coughed before he once again met Alfred tear-filled eyes. 

"This is not you're fault" He began and when it looked like Alfred was going to interject he just gave him a stern glare. 

"If it's anyone's fault it is my own, I was a fool and I hurt you in the process" He said softly as he reached his other hand over to touch Alfred's cheek, he wiped some of the tears away in the process. 

"I want you to promise me something Alfred" He said in a serious tone of voice causing Alfred to nod instantly. 

"Of course anything" He said desperately, Alex gave him a soft look. 

"Promise me that no matter what happens you will always stay strong and protect our country and our people till the very end" He said softly and Alfred's eyes widened before he nodded and squeezed Alex's hand tighter. 

"I promise" He swore causing a smile to appear on Alex's face before he glanced up at the sky. 

"I'm going to miss you Alfie" He said sadly as tears began to fall from his own eyes, this caused a sob to escape Alfred. 

"I'm going to miss you too Lexie" He said through his sobs, Alex gave him a soft smile and then in the span of a blink he was gone. 

Alfred wrapped his arms tightly around himself as he sobbed his heart out, he stayed like that for hours until no more tears would fall and his voice became hoarse. 

Alfred blinked away the tears as he stared at the faded out wooden door, Alex's word running through his head. He was doing a poor job of keeping that promise he thought bitterly, It's time I stopped being so pathetic. He squared his shoulder and glared ferociously up at the ceiling 

"I am the United States of America, the Land of The Free! I will not back down and I will not quit! So give me your best shot! Because you will never break me!" He shouted and for a monent, there was only silence that greeted him back but then the room began to shake. The doors began to flicker before the only doors that were faded out were the ones he had already entered. 

He glanced around in shock, doors that were previously faded out were now standing strong with a soft golden light seeping out of them and the ones that had always been there had a chilling silver light seeping out. What had just happened? 

He took in a deep breath before he approached one of the doors with a golden light seeping out. He took in one more deep breath before he entered. The first thing he processed as he walked through was the sound of children giggling.