Divide Part 1

"Alfred?" 

Alfred's eyes snapped open as he recognized the voice, he took in the sight before him in surprise. 

He saw his younger self lying down on the grass with his eyes closed while a blonde leaned over him with a pout on their face and their hand on their hip. He was almost his exact copy, the only difference was that his eyes were more of a grayish blue. 

"Alex..." Alfred mumbled softly as he sadly stared at the blonde. 

Little Alfred cracked an eye open and gave Alex a smile. 

"Yes?" Little Alfred prompted cheerfully causing Alex to give him a very unimpressed look as he crossed his arms. 

"Why are you lying on the ground?" Alex questioned which just made little Alfred grin brightly at him. 

"Because it's relaxing" He said cheerfully causing Alex to give him a very disbelieving look. 

"Here I'll show you" He said before dragging the blonde down next to him, Alex startled in surprise before sighing and laying more comfortably on the grass. Despite Alex's hesitance the two of them both ended up falling asleep on that grassy hillside. 

Alfred smiled tentatively at the sight, it almost made him forget what was going to happen to Alex in a few years time. 

Almost.

The memory fuzzed up before once again becoming clear this time it showed a slightly older Alfred and Alex sighting at a table arguing with each other viciously, neither willing to back down. 

Alfred couldn't help but to stiffen up slightly, as he processed what memory this was. 

"Why should we change how we've always treated them?" Alex snapped defensively causing an angry scowl to appear on Alfred's face. 

"They are people and they deserve to be free just like everyone else!" Alfred snapped back causing Alex to scoff dismissively which only angered Alfred further. 

"When did your heart grow cold?!" Alfred questioned causing an angry scowl to appear on Alex's face before he leaned in closer to Alfred's face, which did not even faze the furious American. 

"The same time you grew weak" He hissed venomously before he turned on his heel and stormed out of the room leaving Alfred to glare at his retreating back.

"Damn him" Alfred growled angrily as he slammed his fist down onto the table causing it to break instantly, he barely spared it a glance as he stormed out of the room. 

Alfred took in a deep shuddering breathe as he ran his fingers through his hair, this was the first of many argument the two would have. And they would all lead up to one of his greatest regrets. 

The memory once again fuzzed out and this time when it became clear all Alfred could hear was his own heartbreaking sobs. 

To be continued~