Magic Part 2

Alfred glanced around and his eyes landed on his younger self, though this version was older then the last one, he was staring indifferently at Arthur who had a stunned expression on his face. His many magical creatures were surrounding him looking confused. 

Alfred winced when he realized what memory this was. 

"What do you mean you can't see them?" Arthur questioned in disbelief causing Alfred to scoff. 

"Arthur I'm not a kid anymore, your tales of mythical creatures won't entice me any longer. There's no one else here" He sniffed which caused an outraged expression to appear on Arthur's face. 

"Alfred stop this nonsense I know you can see them!" He growled as he stomped closer to Alfred's who's indifferent expression didn't change. 

"It's not nonsense it fact, just grow up already Arthur" He spat causing Arthur to stumble back slightly as his eyes widened. 

"But you can use magic!" He said and Alfred just shook his head dismissively. 

"I don't know what you're talking about" He said passively causing an angry expression to reappear on Arthur's face. 

"I taught you to use it, so stop lying to me, Alfred!" He growled causing a scowl to appear on Alfred's face. 

"You're losing it Arthur" He snapped before he spun on his heel and began walking away ignoring Arthur's angry shouts. What he couldn't ignore however were the piercing stares of the magical creatures that surrounded Arthur. 

They weren't looks of anger or even sadness, the looks they were giving him were ones of understanding. 

Alfred sighed as he watched his younger self storm away. On this day the mental shields that Arthur had helped him construct became fused with suppressed magic, the magic had to go somewhere, after all, he couldn't just get rid of it after all, due to the magic his shields became borderline impenetrable. 

He wouldn't find out about that until Arthur tried to enter his mind, that had lead to another argument. The Brit had refused to back down on the matter, but after years of fights and being called insane Arthur had eventually let it go. But Alfred knew that he never forgot, he was just too tired to continue the fight.  

Another sigh escaped him as he reappeared in the hall of doors only to realize that two doors had faded out, the one with the gold light he had entered and the silver light one next to it. He hummed curiously at this before he approached the next door, this one had a silver light coming out of it. 

"So a gold light means it's a happy memory, but a silver light means it's a sad one" He mused to himself before he pushed open the door, better get the silver ones over with now while he still had gold ones to relieve the pain with. 

The first thing he heard as he entered the memory was the sound of an old camera flashing.