Doubt

The first thing he registered as he walked through the door was the sound of three people laughing. Himself, Matthew and-

"You two sure are getting heavier" Alistor chuckled as he lifted up his arms, little Alfred was hanging from his left arm while little Matthew hung from his right. The two of them just giggled as they kicked their legs around. Alistor huffed in amusement as he placed the two boys back down causing them to pout.

"Come on uncle Alley again, do it again!" The two chanted in unison causing the Scot to sigh before a smirk appeared on his face, and instead of doing as the two boys requested he picked them both up and threw them up onto his shoulders causing them to squeal in surprise and excitement.

Alfred smiled softly at the sight.

"I seem to have caught me a pair of demons" Alistor announced causing little Matthew and Alfred to whine.

"We're not demons uncle Alley" Little Matthew whined as he wiggled his legs, little Alfred nodded passionately in agreement. Alistor hummed as he hefted them from his shoulders so that he could hold them in his arms and so that he could look at them, both of them instinctively wrapped their legs around his waist.

"Oh really? Well if your not demons then what are you?" He asked causing wide grins to appear on the boy's faces.

"Were heroes!" Little Alfred proudly announced causing little Matthew to nod vigorously in agreement. Alistor chuckled fondly at this.

"Oh my mistake" He said dramatically as he placed them back on the ground so that he could bow to the pair.

"What can I do to apologize for making such a mistake?" He questioned causing large grins to appear on little Matthew and Alfred's faces.

"Shoulder rides!" They cheered causing a grin to appear on Alistor's face before he hefted them up onto his shoulders.

"Onwards might steed!" Little Alfred cheered which was Alistor's cue to start running around causing the two boys to squeal in excitement.

Alfred chuckled fondly as he watched his uncle act like a loon for his and Matthew's amusement.

The memory started fuzzing up and when it refocused Alfred saw his younger self was standing inside the house and staring longingly out the window as he hugged his pet rabbit close to his chest. Alfred got closer so that he could see what his younger self was looking at.

When he glanced out the window he saw little Matthew playing cheerfully with Alistor.

"Do you think uncle Alley like Matthew more than me?" Little Alfred asked softly as he glanced down at his bunny who just twitched his nose and stared up at him blankly causing a thoughtful expression to appear on little Alfred face.

"I mean it just seems like he spends more time with Mattie then he does with me" He mumbled softly as he glanced back out the window.

"He only really spends time with me if Mattie is there to" He said softly as he watched as Alistor swung Matthew around.

Alfred winced slightly, he had always had this nagging doubt that his uncle didn't care about him as much as he did Matthew. That doubt had never really gone away.

His bunny wiggled in his arms so that he would glance back down at him. He stared up at Little Alfred and gave him this long look causing a smile to appear on his face.

"Your right I'm just over thinking it" He said softly and his bunny seemed to nod in agreement. Little Alfred turned away from the window so that could walk further into the room.

"Besides Daddy said when he's done with his paperwork he's going to teach me how to play the violin, so that should be fun" He said cheerfully as he sat down in one of the many chairs in the room.

Alfred winced slightly, and not just because of the name he used for Arthur. Those lessons had been the absolute opposite of fun.

He sighed as he once again stared at the faded out door, he took in a deep breath and glanced at the next door.

"Strange" He mumbled to himself as he approached the next door and saw that there was gold and silver light seeping out of it, though it seemed like there was more silver than gold. 

"This is probably going to be an emotional roller coaster" He mumbled moodily to himself as he pushed the door open.

The first thing he noticed as he walked through the door was the smell of cherry blossoms and the sound of laughter.