Ch 13 - Modest

After enough vitamin C to the equivalent of a Florida orange farm you are getting back in the saddle and over to working with Roseweisse. How is it going to be working along side your girlfriend? Going to have to make some adjustments and trust each other. Will their be an hiccups?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

With all the sleep you had trying to get better you eventually had your body wake you up. No alarm clock. In fact not even the sun. It wasn't even dawn when your brain said to keep your eyes open. Not get up and about just that going back to bed. Time to do your routine. Early as well.

Well my sinuses aren't flaring like a police siren and my eyes aren't itchy. Seems in order. A shower and swapping the bed should be in order. Just in time for Roseweisse to be up and going.

~~~~~

Roseweisse rose out of bed and hit her alarm. Rubbing her eyes open and sitting up. It was time for her to get started. She let out a yawn. "I'll get dressed and see if he's feeling better. Hope it's a go." She spent a good time making sure her hair was perfect, dress had no wrinkles, and makeup would make you blush. After twenty minutes of work she went into your room only to find your bed made. She smiled and shook her head. Let me guess. The kitchen. Walking down she hears a machine going off. But it's not her coffee maker on the stove. It's something else.

You sit down at the table and simply wait. Then you see the best thing of your morning. The silver haired beauty of a girlfriend. "Morning my lady. Espresso?"

"Oh. That was you? I had no idea. Well then ummm... I take it you're feeling better?"

"Kealing over." You said sarcastically as the steam came up from the pot. "Your coffee is up. Have a seat."

"Sure thing. Thank you very much."

"Anytime Beautiful."

"Darling... you ready to work with me tonight?"

"And kick... kiester? Yeah. Kiester. That works."

"Really now?" She giggled.

"Kiester or the A word. I'm at the table. Thought I'd act civilized."

"Oh you wild man." She shook her head going along with it.

You fix her a lovely cup of coffee and sit down across from her. Trying to make conversation but you knew it was business today. "So we have a pact today?"

"Yes. Not sure what it details. I will ask Rias and we will head out after I get my work done early. Because afterwards I would prefer a little soak and a hot meal before bed."

(Its funny because I think of her along the lines of Juvia, Miia, and Outer Moka. The bath... yeah it works. Considering they all have special ways of taking a bath.)

"Can't blame you at all. You work very hard. I mean, harder than anyone I've met. And yet still manage to enjoy life outside of work."

"With your help."

"I try. I try. Omelette shared by the two of us?"

"Honey." She sighed happily.

~~~~~

It was time to rock. It was starting to get dark as the sun was setting. Roseweisse finished all her work and you were ready for anything. Hoping it wasn't anything harsh.

"Roseweisse all good to go?"

"Yes Darling." She nodded.

"So do we got tonight? Issei told me this could be anywhere from gardening, to a love story, to bashing a head into a wall."

"Well I'm happy you're with me because it's a man."

"Alright. What is it? Water the fish? Feed the plant? Yes I meant it to sound like that. What is it?" You chuckle.

"Help him move." She replied.

"Dammit I just moved in." You sighed with a laugh.

"Now now Darling I'll help."

"No heavy lifting."

"We got a Rook and Pawn that really knows how to punch someone in the face and slash his head off. Maybe that's why Rias gave us this job." Roseweisse pondered.

"Hmmmm. Seems so. Either way I can't complain. Hopefully I can complete this with you. No conflict."

"True. Let's be off."

*Teleport*

You both land in front of this two story house. She checked the address and you were at the right place. But something was off. The grass looked it hasn't been cut in roughly a month. The front door was scuffed up and and patterned with mold. Then to top that the windows needed to be powerwashed inside and out. Not spray and wipe but powerwashed. Someone just bought that kind of house?...

"What the hell..." You were puzzled.

"Maybe moving out? Or a fixer upper?" Roseweisse tried to be positive.

"I, think we're going to get porked..."

"What does porked mean Darling?" She asked.

Ahhh crap. "You don't want to know. Let's leave it at that."

"What do we do?"

"I say we either call Rias or I lead inside. I already said I would protect you with my life. You can't take back something like that." You get close to the door. "Tayronis!" You bring forth your Sacred Gear. "Make the call."

Roseweisse being strong herself wasn't scared to say the very least. Thinking both of them in any situation could beat through anything. Regardless on how powerful, sketchy, or unappealing. "Alright. You can lead."

"Stay within five feet. I'm knocking baby." You banged on the door. Only two lights were on. Half a minute or so goes by. No answer. "Coming in!" You shout and turn the knob. Pushing forward the door falls flat inside. "Creepy."

"Well, I suppose we should see who's here." Roseweisse was nervous but inched her way through behind you. "Hello?" She called.

"Greetings..." Said a female voice.

Well least it's not a guy. Feel somewhat better.

Hmph. No flirting Dear.

"I've been waiting. Good to see you again Baby." Said the voice again as a lamp turned on but no one was there beside it.

Baby? Who's that?

"He's my Darling. Back off!" Threatened Rosewiesse.

"Awwww. Baby I was so close on getting my shield. Because you comforted me. I didn't want to break your heart but I was tired of failure. And getting too attached. Hand it over or I'll slay you and your new broad. And use your head to paint my house."

"Carly! You're done!"

~~~~~

Uh-oh! Ex girlfriend is on the rise. How did she know so much? What's her motives? And why is something in huge detail missing? Nothing adds up.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day cause you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz