Chapter 3

After about 20 minutes of sitting on the bench I said my farewell to Faerah and headed home.

When I walked in I found my dad sitting at a table sipping tea with puffy eyes. I knew he had been crying for a long time now. I felt like crying too. But for everything I knew my brother would have wanted me to stand tall and keep going. My father beckoned me to join him, so I sat next to him on our small wooden dining chairs.

"What's going through your head?" he asked sniffling.

"Everything and nothing. My head is spinning with thoughts but I can't understand them or anything."

"Sometimes the world is like that, when you feel as though your stuck in a blizzard with nothing but you to get yourself out"

I didn't know what to think at the moment because he was right I was stuck in a storm. And there was no way out unless I faced what was happening and stopped for a moment to see what was around me.

"You know it's okay to feel like that" he said snapping me out of my deep thoughts.

"I don't know how to feel anymore, I can't think straight. I don't know how to live anymore." I replied quietly

"Me neither, but we can get through this together no matter what. His life may be over but ours aren't. We still have a long way to go on and Gideon would have wanted us to keep going, to learn to live with his loss" he said. Then I thought of a question.

"Dad? Do you know why he you know?" Died? I left the word unsaid as I couldn't spit out the word, it felt painful to and it was hard enough to speak of this subject.

"No honey, he might of had a hard time at school or outside of school with friends but I don't know." Slowly he got up and went to his bedroom. That was the end of the discussion.