Chapter 16

After that whole encounter with the boys I decided that I needed food. I mean food is essential.

And if it wasn't....It would be in my book. Food is great, food is life, food is everything. So is sleeping. 

Now enough with my life essentials rant. I headed to the cafeteria and sat down at an empty table. Right before I sat down I grabbed a salad from the lunch line and headed to my seat. 

Sitting down I put my food onto the table and start eating. Right as I was about to put a piece of lettuce into my mouth, the three boys all sit down at my table. Bringing their own chairs, and sitting right on them. 

It causes me to put my fork down and glare at all of them.

"What the heck are you guys doing here?!?!?!" I ask loudly. 

Aiden just laughs and says "We are sitting here, as we are your new friends"

Taken back, I gap at him and quickly exclaim, "Ohh no no no. We are not friends. This is not a we. No I refuse. I'm sorry, but i'm not."

He looks surprised that I gave up the opportunity to sit with, and be friends with the cool, popular boys. 

"Well you don't have a choice, we are going to sit here, with you that is. And we are now going to be friends." He says looking at me, with a hint of defiance in his eyes. 

I finally come to the conclusion that I can't, not without anyone's help, will be able to get rid of them. And that I should just deal with it. 

So that's what I did, I let them sit at the table and talk to each other. While just sitting there eating.

We're definitely going along nicely. To be completely honest, it was nice to, for once be able to sit and be with others. Not just the same old people, not just Faerah. 

I take in their smiling faces, and Aiden's cute laugh. Looking around the room I see Cole walk in and look toward us.

Weirdly enough when he does he frowns slightly and his eyes darken. I see Luke look at him with a slight shine in his eye, like an animal ready to hunt its' prey. Weird. 

Looking back at the other two boys I see Aiden already looking at me, and when he sees me looking he turns away quickly. 

I smile at Christopher, who is looking kinda out of place. He smiles back shyly. Christopher is the kind and more shy one of this group. It's kinda obvious by the way he talks to them, like the more responsible adult. He also seems to be the one who keeps everyone on track. 

Let's say he is the 'mom' of this trio. The more responsible and reasonable one. He was sitting down observing Aiden and Luke.

Luke was sitting down the farthest to me, and was on his phone scrolling. Luke seemed like the most harsh out of them all, or at least from what i've seen. 

Aiden was looking around the room, looking calculative. Expecting. I'm quite sure what though. Being the socially awkward person I am I just sit there.

Not knowing if it's okay, if I just stand up and walk away. After deciding that I shouldn't really care, I stand up and am about to walk away when Aiden asks "Where are you going?"

"I am leaving this weird situation, right now." I say not looking into his eyes. 

"This isn't even weird, this is called talking to people" He responds. 

"Ya right 'talking'. Like i'm talking at all. Anyways I need to head to class, have a good day" With that I start walking away. As I turn back all I see is that Aiden and Christopher have slightly sad looks on their faces. 

***

It was after a school and I was at home. Looking through my cupboards for food and snacks. I was bored and just tired. I head up to my room and decide to listen to music and sketch. 

After all the drawing I ended with a slightly wilted looking dandelion. I just let my inner artist do what it wanted to. And this was what I was left with. 

After examining it, I crunch it in a ball and throw it in the garbage. 

It wasn't my best work that's for sure, and I wasn't the biggest fan of it. 

It reminded me that everything beautiful dies. Or fades. 

Someday.