Chapter 12

Talia's outfit above ^^^^ (Except with black converse and a longer skirt.) Enjoy! 

_________________________________________

Grabbing my McDonalds off the counter I walked out, heading straight to the park. And I ate. I know food can't solve problems, but that doesn't matter. Who knows maybe food can solve problems. 

It was late in the day so not many people were walking around the park. There were no kids running around at this time, no parents making sure their children are okay. It was quiet, peaceful even. I had gotten so used to the silence over the past week that now I found it comforting. 

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and pushed my thin, brown hair out of my face. It was about 7:30 so I wrapped up on the food and started walking home. 

I already have my drivers license. But driving has a backstory to it. I've always had a fear of driving, I got into accident not to long ago. 

It was just Gideon and I. 

None of us had gotten really hurt. Yes, a few scratches here and there but overall we were fine. The thing is, ever since then driving has scared me, I don't want history to repeat itself but worse. I don't want to feel the same feeling as that day, knowing that we could have died. 

I was able to get over my fear of driving and was able to get my license early. Ever since then i've always acted like it never happened. Even though I still prefer to walk than drive and still sometimes get flashbacks. 

That's what i've been doing with my brothers death. When it had happened I mourned than I tried to act like it never happened but really, I know it did.

I can't try to forget about it, he was my brother. Another thing is that things have been popping up and seem so suspicious. And if I was being honest I really just want to break down and sobb. All I want to do is stay in the safety of my room and not come out. I want to read my way into a different world. 

I really just want my brother back.

My life changed so much over the past years, my mom left, my dad slowly started falling apart, Gideon died, now I was falling apart and my dad is probably broken. 

My life is made out of glass and it has shattered, and now I have to pick up all the pieces. 

___________Time skip to the next day *wooshhhhhh*_________ 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

I threw a pillow over my head to try and get rid of the tick, tocking of the clock in my room. Wiping the sleepiness from my eyes I look at the clock. 8:15 AM

Okay, way to early for the summer. School is starting this Monday, today is Thursday and I am not ready. People know about Gideon's death and I don't want people to pity me. I have to handle this on my own and others pity isn't going to help me. 

I sit there staring in front of me before wandering off to my washroom to get ready for the day. 

Dad has most likely left for work already and I had a shift at the diner down the street as a waitress. It was only a part time job and I start at 1pm until 5:30pm every Tuesday and Thursday. I make an okay amount, enough to feed myself at least. But i've always been saving my money just in case. 

I needed a job and when I went to look for one I decided I really only needed a part time job that doesn't last to long. So the diner was perfect. 

Once I was done using the washroom, I threw on a dark blue skater skirt that came to about half of my thigh, a plain white t-shirt, black converse and throw my hair into a high ponytail.

I was going to meet Cole today, I almost forgot. Great! 

I don't need to put on any makeup do I? How about......No. I literally don't wear the slightest bit of makeup except for the occasional eyeliner. So let's just put on some eyeliner and be done with it.

I told Cole that i'd meet him at the cafe at around 10 so I sit back down on my bed and read until it's time, but before I do, I set a timer to leave the house at 9:50 to be there at around 10. 

Beep. Beep. Beep. BeEp. BEEP.

Turning off my alarm I hop off the bed and head to the cafe. Once I walk in...

I see the undeniably gorgeous face of Cole and I wonder why I haven't noticed it before.