Chapter 8

It hurt less than my brothers death but it was still painful. Faerah was moving, my best friend since forever. I've known her since kindergarten and now she was going to leave me.

Alone.

With nobody except my dad.

When I could finally speak I whispered "When?" Tears threatening to fall. Blurring my vision.

Her face was so sad, so mournful, a distinguishably painful look.

"I am leaving in 2 days. My mom got a new business opportunity that pays really well." she whispers not meeting my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!?" My voice cracks on sooner as I look at her.

"I couldn't, your brother just passed and I couldn't break your heart so soon after his death" she turned to look back at me. And that's when I realized her hair was so disheveled and her face was so pale. She looked so thin, like she was putting off eating. She must have been so sad and mad to leave. This was her hometown and now she was going to leave it all behind.

"I couldn't bear hurting you more, but I had to tell you. I kept putting it off because not only was I already hurt but you would be hurt too, and I didn't want to hurt you anymore. But when I move my life is going to change so much. I'm moving all the way to France."

To France, miles away from New York. Where I could never see her again. I felt as if my stitches that were slowly stitching my heart back up were tearing apart. I was finally starting to live with the life that I had when something else came and tore my life up again. Nothing was permanent in my life.

"I will miss you so much, I will always miss you. I will never forget you, ever!" And that's when I let the tears pour. Big, thick, salty tears. Right down my face and on the faded, dark grey concrete. I couldn't hold them in anymore, couldn't hold them in when all they wanted to do was be out.

I hugged her tight to me and whispered "But will we still be in contact?" I didn't just want to leave her because she moved. She was still my best friend. I would never want to leave her forever.

"Of course. As long as I can still keep you in my life" she says as I feel more her smile while I hugged her. It felt so good to keep her part of my life and not rip her away forever.

Should I make longer chapters? Yes? No?