Chapter 18

"Get up, you need to get out of here" 

My dad's voice echoes through my brain from.. well I don't even remember when.

All I can tell is that i've must've forgotten something that happened.

 Something important. 

***

I was in this home where I was being kept away from everything I love and know. 

Being in this place was a new type of thing for me. I usually don't see my father horribly hurt and pass out to end up in another's home. But I mean it has happened now.

All I wanted was to get out of this place. I just wanted things to go back to what they were before. 

After I had been brought here I didn't leave this room much. I come out for the washroom or to just take a walk. 

Christopher's house is really spacious, unlike my home where there is hardly enough room for many people. 

It's only really been like a day since I got here. And when someone leaves me alone with my thoughts I over think a lot. 

About my father and what happened to my brother. My life was so simple before mom left, before Gideon left me alone. Maybe not fully alone, but I was still alone. 

Being in this new place unable to do what I usually do was extremely weird. 

Looking around the room it was simple yet beautiful in a way. Very bare but still nice in it's own way. 

Wait. MY PHONE. How could I forget about my phone! Crap. Where the hell is it? I didn't even really use my phone. If I find it i'm most likely going to order pizza or something. I mean the boys do bring food, that being water and whatever they order, which is fine by me.

But like. I kinda want pizza now. Great, just great. 

Enough about my phone and pizza but like, what am I even going to do here?

It's not like I can just up and go, I mean. Maybe I should do that. Get out of here for a little while. 

***

It was mid day of my sitting or lying on the bed doing nothing, while the boys were out, when Aiden opens the door. Looking, well, anxious about something.

"Oh hey, do you need something or..?" I ask as he comes in.

He looks kind of stressed and says. "There is something you don't know yet. That you would have never found out if this hadn't happened."

My eyes widened at what he said and a bunch of questions flooded my mind. 

If what hadn't happened? What do I not know? 

"It's about your brother, he wasn't who you think he was."