☼44

After such a long silence that was neither awkward or enjoyable, Jungkook spoke up again.

"It really felt good to just talk, Tae. Out loud. I don't have many people I can really talk to anymore. My roommates are always busy and I really don't want to bother them. But I have you now. You just listened to me. You didn't interrupt or tell me I'm being stupid or even push me to explain things further. You just listened. Thank you."

"I know what it's like to think that you're all alone and to think no one's listening. I get it and it really hurts. I just want you to know that I'll always be there to listen. Text me, call me, FaceTime me, I don't care. We could literally just breathe on the phone and not utter a word. It it comforts you, I'll do it."

Jungkook was wide eyed. He's never felt like this before. His chest was pounding. His mind was all over the place. He was struggling to even speak. But none of that was an effect of anything negative. It was all in good faith. They were things that happened when Taehyung would simply comfort him.

Is this what love is?

Eventually, he found the words he wanted to say. He wasn't ready to start spewing the word 'love' to Taehyung yet, but he did really care for him.

"Thank you. That really means the world to me. You mean the world to me."

"That's all I want. You deserve the whole world." Taehyung said softly. In him saying that, Jungkook knew for sure that Taehyung was the only one for him. It may be soon to think things like that, but Jungkook simply didn't care right now. Taehyung was his world. That was simply that.

Jungkook then took a quick glance at the clock:

3:34AM

Time really does fly when you're spending it with the ones you care about. But now he was yawning and visibly tired, which Taehyung caught onto in seconds, giggling at the sight of a tired Jungkook.

"Ah, see. We've been too mushy for too long and now it's late and now I'm tired." Jungkook yawned again. Taehyung just chuckled and nodded.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, though. So I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow— or uh— later today?"

"Most definitely." Jungkook giggled. "Good night, Taetae."

"Good night, Kookie." Taehyung blew a small cheesy kiss to Jungkook, making the latter giggle once more before they officially disconnected the FaceTime call.

-

@guccitae:

wow so
I ! just ! FaceTimed ! with ! an ! angel !
for like 7 hours !
I am the luckiest dude in the world
that's all

3:45AM
________________________________
After already receiving a handful of replies at this hour, as usual, only one stood out to Taehyung in particular:

@kookiebun: I'm the luckiest angel in the world 😇