☼109

Yoongi and Jungkook haven't talked in a week.

Yoongi was always out of the house and Jungkook was always in it when he wasn't out with Taehyung.

Seokjin has no opinion in the whole matter because he was always either working late or out with Namjoon. Let's just say, his days involved seeing a lot of Namjoon. He happily took up all of Seokjin's time.

Yoongi practically pretended that Jungkook wasn't even there. And everyday it broke Jungkook's heart to be ignored by his best friend, while it broke Yoongi's just as much for forcing himself not to talk to his best friend out of bitterness.

At one point, Jungkook finally caught Yoongi in the house, going in the same general direction as him and approached him, with a clear intention to get him to talk to him again.

"Yoongi.."

Nothing.

"Can we at least talk about the song you were writing? We can talk about music altogether. Just talk to me."

No response.

"Yoongi, come on! We've never fought like this before! We just need to talk this through!" Jungkook tried again.

Yoongi just shook his head, while coughing heavily, and turned away from him to go in another part of the house, hopefully one away from Jungkook right now.

"Yoongi! You're getting worse and I was attacked a week ago! Can you blame me for being a little upset at everything? At the world? For just making things harder for me and the people around me?" Jungkook pleaded. "I'm sorry for lashing out like I did, but can you just imagine what I was going through? I've had so many nightmares, Yoongi. I just want my best friend back."

"I hear you and all, but just because you were assaulted doesn't mean you're supposed to get some special treatment and immediate forgiveness." Yoongi said the first thing that came to his mind and then realized what he really just told a victim of sexual assault. "No, wait— Jungkook, I didn't mean that— I'm so sorry."

"Okay, you know what? And I'll just use your previous words. Fuck this. You're clearly still pissed at me and now you're just trying to get me to feel the same fucking pain. I was just giving you space and I finally wanted to fix things and you're clearly not having it."

"No! I wasn't thinking! Jungkook, you know I didn't really mean any of that."

"I really don't know anything anymore." Jungkook sighed.

"Kooks?.. I'm so so sorry. You know I love you, right?"

..Right?

"..Maybe, I should move out." Jungkook came to his final conclusion.

"Jungkook, please. Don't do this. The three of us have lived together for years! I know Seokjin is around even less than I am, but he would miss you a lot. We've all been through so much together." Yoongi cried out.

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I'm going to see if I can move in with Taehyung and finally get out of your hair. I'm clearly just a bother to you guys and you clearly hate me now."

"No, I don't! I don't know what I was saying. I'm just really upset at everything. Jungkook, please."

Jungkook just sighed and turned to go back to his room.

"Can I say anything to make you stay?" Yoongi yelled after him.

He stopped walking.

And uttered words that would change a lot of things for the both of them.

"Not this time, Yoongi."

Not this time.