☼115

two months later

"Taehyungie!~ Let's see that one!" Jungkook exclaimed as he pointed at a dog in particular, while dragging Taehyung close behind by his wrist.

"Ah, Kookie— slow down!"  Taehyung chuckled.

"B-But— look at them!" Jungkook squealed.

"I know, baby. There's a lot of cute puppies here but you're the only cute puppy I care about right now."

"Aw, Tae!" Jungkook leaned in to kiss his boyfriend's cheek excitedly.

It's been two months of Yoongi recovering and being released from the hospital, living back home as usual.

It's been one month of Jungkook living with Taehyung.

It's been a good two weeks straight of Jungkook convincing Taehyung to let them adopt a puppy.

Yoongi, Seokjin, and Taehyung practically pushed Jungkook to finally move out and take that next step with Taehyung.

He wanted to stay behind to take care of Yoongi even more but Seokjin promised to have fewer shifts and stay home more and Namjoon also asked for less shifts to be able to help Yoongi at the studio.

Hoseok and Jimin made sure they witnessed Yoongi eating and resting and have him all of the love and support he could possibly need from his two boyfriends.

Before Jungkook knew it, everyone was on board with helping Yoongi recover as smoothly as possible and that fact alone helped him to finally move in with Taehyung completely.

Jungkook and Taehyung living together only ensured more cuddling time and a lot more kissing time. They were practically attached at the hip when they were in the house together.

Today, Taehyung promised they would go adopt a puppy because in the end, Taehyung is absolutely whipped for Jungkook.

"See any one you really like, baby boy?"

"Hmm. I don't know. They're all so cute!" Jungkook cheered happily, also clapping his hands in excitement.

Taehyung found himself only looking at Jungkook in much adoration and fascination as he stared at the excited puppies. These days, Jungkook was the only one Taehyung ever had his eyes on.

"Oh! What about that one?" Jungkook rushed over to a display case in specific.

"Oh? He already has a name, huh?" Taehyung looked at the name tag. "Yeontan?"

"That's adorable!" Jungkook cheered as he approached the dog at a closer proximity. Yeontan barked playfully at Jungkook as he made goofy faces at the pup and when Jungkook called his name, he only jumped up in excitement and walked closer towards the two still barking happily.

"We have to adopt him, right? Just look at him!"

"You really like him, huh? Okay—Anything for you, Kook-ah. We will own this puppy together and take good care of him. Like a family, perhaps." Taehyung smiled and Jungkook's eyes lit up so bright at the word family.

-

Jungkook was bursting with energy as they got back home with a new member of the family.

Taehyung was only chuckling at how excited Jungkook was to play with Yeontan.

Taehyung wasn't super attached to the new dog as Jungkook was, but that soon changed when Yeontan simply approached Taehyung's foot and laid right on top of it.

Taehyung's heart basically fluttered immediately and now it's too late, he's also under Yeontan's spell. Taehyung soon enough felt like he had another thing in the world to protect. Now, it was not only Jungkook, but this playful, fragile little Yeontan.

"So cute!~" Taehyung gushed, suddenly immersed in whatever the puppy did next. He was soon attached to this new addition and started playing with him just as much as Jungkook.

"Who's a good little boy?" Taehyung cooed. Yeontan barked playfully in response and ran around in little circles.

"That's right! Tan-ah!~ A cute little puppy you are." Taehyung kept up with his child's talk. Taehyung found himself immediately falling in love with this dog and never wanted to put him down.

-

Days went by and they were soon getting very accustomed to having a small dog running around the place. In a matter of days, Taehyung was already determined to give this pet the best life to offer.

But because of this new addition, Taehyung's focus shifted from Jungkook to Yeontan quicker than Jungkook initially thought it would take.

These days, Yeontan was the only one Taehyung ever had his eyes on.

Jungkook was wanting just as much attention again. To say the least, he was already slightly jealous of Yeontan but it was hard to say he loved the puppy any less. He was too precious.

But the fact is, Yeontan practically took up all of Taehyung's time and energy these days and Jungkook just had to desperately do something about it.

"H-Hey! Could you maybe play with me too, Taetae?" Jungkook whined.

"Aren't I playing with you, right now? With Yeontan?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"Yeah! But like— maybe it could be just me for a while?"

"But Kookie—I like playing with Tan!" Taehyung cooed as he held Yeontan close to his chest, holding him ever so gently. Jungkook pouted and just sat on the ground across from Taehyung and Yeontan.

"Go, Tan! Over to Kookie!" Taehyung instructed Yeontan to go play with and cheer up Jungkook since he was obviously feeling left out. Jungkook smiled at the quick arrival of Yeontan at his very lap and soon picked up Yeontan and placed him on his neatly made bed nearby, instructing him to stay put.

"He fell right into my trap, foolish one." Jungkook gave a fake evil laugh. Taehyung was confused for the time being and Jungkook only smirked at him.

"I'm putting Tan to bed, so we can go to bed ourselves." Jungkook kept his smirk.

"But it's only like four in the afternoon? Why would we—"

Jungkook licked his lips hungrily and Taehyung got the whole message, his confused expression soon replaced with a playful smirk of his own. "Oh."

"So are you down? Or do you wanna spend more alone time with Yeontan?"

"Meet you in the bedroom in like five minutes, okay?" Taehyung said without any hesitation.

"You better." Jungkook teased and went off to their room.

Taehyung rushed over to a surprisingly sleepy Yeontan and kissed his small head. "I love you, I really do. But the boyfriend is calling and I promise I'll play with you later, okay?" Yeontan gave a tired bark of approval and then Taehyung was ultimately satisfied.

"Good." He said quietly to himself.

He then rushed to the bedroom to have his own playtime with Jungkook.

Because sometimes an adult playdate was a little more fun than a pet playdate.