☼116

Jungkook was nervous.

Like extremely nervous.

He had been planning this for a long time. But he kept backing out.

Today was the day he wanted to actually propose to Taehyung and not back out.

He wanted to flip the script so before Taehyung could ask first, Jungkook want to ask the grandiose final question today.

But he didn't even know how to ask.

Should it be in public? Should it be in private? Should their friends be involved?

After all of these last minute thoughts and mental planning on how to ask this four worded question, he gave up on trying to go all out.

"Fuck it. I'm just gonna dress up and ask him." Jungkook concluded with a mumble to himself.

"Ask me what?" Taehyung appeared behind him. "You mumble to yourself a lot, you know that right babe?"

Shit, well, there goes the dressing up part. Jungkook thought.

"I-I—" Jungkook was already stumbling on his words so he was losing faith in how he was going to ask Taehyung an important question.

"Are you okay?"

"Listen— I'm not good at this stuff. I can't plan things as well as you can and I get really nervous. I can't even do this right."

"What are you talking about?"

"Tae.." Jungkook took Taehyung's hand and led him to the edge of their shared bed so they could sit together. "I love you a whole lot, okay? I love you with like all of my heart. You're the only man I love and will ever love like this. We adopted a pet together, we moved in together, we've been making things really work for a good while now." Jungkook rambled.

"Gosh, Jungkook-ah. What's with this? I already knew all of those things, baby and I love you too. Why are you so nervous right now?"

"J-Just give me another moment."

"Okay?" Taehyung was all sorts of confused and he was extremely oblivious to the entire scenario.

Jungkook simply pulled out the infamous little black box from his back pocket.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung asked in confusion as Jungkook lowered from his seat on the bed to one knee on the floor. Then, he finally realized. "Oh my god, Jungkook!"

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung's growing excitement and kept up with his small spiel.

"Tae, I've been wanting to do this for ages. Like really.. but when we adopted Tan together, I saw us as a real family and I just really wanted to make this official and properly propose to you and everything. I love you, Kim Taehyung. With all my heart and I'll have much more to properly say at our wedding, but only if you say yes. So? Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Of course I will!" Taehyung stood up and was about to pull him back up for a long kiss but Jungkook stopped him only to apologize.

"S-Sorry that the proposal was so lazy and boring— I really can't plan things as well as you can. But this is something I just had to do today. I couldn't wait any longer—"

"Kookie! It's literally perfect as it is. It doesn't have to be something grand and out there! As long as it's you asking the question. Now, get up here and fucking kiss me." Taehyung helped Jungkook back to his feet and kissed him as fast as he's even done, keeping their lips attached for a very extended amount of time.

"Now, let me just put the ring on you." Jungkook tried to slide the ring on the first time, but dropped it due to his shaky hands. Taehyung picked it up and gave it back to Jungkook for him to try again. "Go on baby, I'll guide your hand this time." He offered.

He tried again and slid the ring on Taehyung's finger, with his boyfriend's guidance and smiled after he succeeded this time around. "Wow. That truly belongs there, you know? A ring on your finger."

"Well? You belong here." Taehyung pointed to his own rapidly beating heart. "You're my home, Jeon Jungkook. I can't wait to share all of my years with you and Tan and all of our friends. I'm so so glad I met you."

"Me too. I don't really know where I would be without you right now and honestly I'd rather not know. I'm perfectly fine with our story and our journey so far, despite everything we've gone through, you're the only one I wanted to experience them with."

"God, I fucking love you so much."

"I know you do." Jungkook teased and held Taehyung hand tightly. "So.. what should we do now?"

"Uhm— we have a whole wedding to plan and friends to tell!" Taehyung the organizer jumped right into focus. Jungkook already knew this was how Taehyung was going to take action considering he put immense thought into their very first date.

"See? I can't do what you're doing right now." Jungkook pouted.

"Ah, so that's why you need me, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung teased.

"Yeah, I really do." Jungkook ended up smiling and admitting anyway.

He needed Taehyung and Taehyung needed him.

That's why the universe brought them together.

That's why they're getting married.

That's why they're still going strong.

They needed each other to keep each other well-balanced.

Now, it was officially Jungkook and Taehyung versus the world and all it's obstacles.

And that's the way things should be.

-

not the ending yet

just a lazy proposal filler
ugh I'm sorry it's short and ugly

I felt like Jungkook wouldn't know how to plan a cute fuckin proposal so I was like LETS HAVE HIM HALFASS HIS OWN PROPOSAL

seems more real anyway I guess??

I'm just tying to write an ENTIRE cute, detailed fucking wedding scene skskskks

fuck man
watch me ruin the whole book