Chapter 5

As always, it's a tradition to update this book at midnight.

I might do a RK900 X Reader after this...hm...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, well, well... if it isn't Breakfast Lunch and Dinner," Gavin smirked, crossing his arms at the sight of your coming in. You knew that nickname he has given you was to make fun of your current nickname "Pancake".

It was worse.

"Haha, very funny, Reed," you said as you stared at the two bodies. One android. One man. "Care to fill me in on what happened?"

"Same old. Deviants are like a [redacted] magicians, [redacted] disappearing right after a murder..." Gavin nudged the body of the android slightly with his shoe.

"Hey, hey. Don't touch that. Don't mess up the crime scene. Isn't your shift over? Get out of here," you pushed the arrogant detective away from the android, annoyed with the fact that he refused to go.

"Since when are you the one to command me, hm?" Gavin pushed you back with the same force, a hint of annoyance and anger hidden behind the playfulness in his eyes. "Where's your walking little tin can, huh? The lieutenant that's always using some kinda booze perfume??"

The officer with you stayed silent, unsure of what to do with two police detectives arguing and fighting.

"Well, it's not like I'm glued to them, isn't it?" You defended yourself, backing away in order to avoid getting touched by Gavin's disgusting, filthy hands. "Your shift is over. Get out. Don't make me repeat it thrice."

Gavin once again shortened the distance between the two of you. Both of you glared each other with nothing but pure spite. The poor officer had goosebump with the sparks flying dangerously close to him.

"Went to drink my life away for a good few hours and coming back to see both of you going after each other's neck," a voice spoke up, and you both turned to see none other than Hank himself right at the door.

How did he get here so fastly?

Then again, you did meet some traffic on your route...

Gavin seemed to take this as his cue to leave (much to your delight) and scoffed. He, along with the other officer, left the scene of the crime (the latter was respectful and bid you and Hank good night). It seemed that the tension seemed to follow them when they departed. You can only sigh out of relief.

"Thanks, Hank..." you mumbled. Hank gave a lazy salute.

Annnnndddddd here comes your source of tonight's lethargy and the will to end the case as quick as possible- the prototype itself, Connor.

You didn't greet the android.

Come on, now... Stay focus. Stay professional. That's it... just... calm down..

"So what happened here?" Hank questioned as he looked at the dead body of the victim.

"That's what I wanted to know, either..." you mumbled, feeling rather uncomfortable with each second that passed by the longer you stayed here in this room- this club. There were barely any evidence in this room. Just the victim and some random android- dead. You had no idea where the deviant could be.

You went to the victim's body, checking to see any clues- only the bruising of the neck.

"Find anything?" You asked, scratching your head at the amount of evidence you have all collected.

"I found an annoying walking can that goes where ever I go."

"I meant evidence."

Hank rolled his eyes and laughed sarcastically, "You think I'm that good at my job to discover evidence in five minutes right after I arrived? Come on, you know me, (Y/n)."