Chapter 25

Psalm 116:5
"Gracious is the Lord , and righteous; yea, our God is merciful."

"Where do you think they're taking us?" Luther spoke after an hour of silence.

"I don't know. Based on how bumpy the road is, I assume that we're somewhere away from the cities." Connor said, swaying back and forth due to the truck jumping up and down from the road condition. You looked at Kara and Alice, who both seemed scared and traumatized after witnessing the death of Ralph. In all honesty, you couldn't believe that Scott was that type of person.

"We have to escape somehow..." Alice said, frightened. She didn't like staying here much longer, waiting for her impending doom.

"We would, but we have nothing to cut off these ropes." Clover raised her tied hands for Alice to see.

"We have to escape. Who knows what they will do to us?" Kara said, mainly scared and concerned for Alice.

"More importantly, what do they exactly want from us." Connor said. It was weird for the rebels to kidnap. Why would they kidnap androids when they're aiming for humans? Unless....

You're the only one whose human. However, what's the point in kidnapping you? Could it be because of the bomb? What's the connection then? Connor didn't get it at all.

No one replied to Connor's statement. They pondered for a while. Nobody didn't really thought about that. They were just blinded from the fact that Scott and Simon are now apparently traitors, they didn't even know why they're traitors in the first place.

"It's just...upsetting just to think that Simon is a traitor..." Kara spoke up, looking down. The atmosphere was tense when the name of the said android rolled out of her tongue.

"I couldn't believe that as well. He's the one who brought us all together. Simon helped you trio, and he found me wandering around. Connor was the last, I believe. Even if they don't have the best chemistry, Simon still helped Connor." Clover said, closing her eyes to remember the memories. She looked at you. "He's the one who also found you, right (Y/n)?"

And nearly killed me? Yeah.

You looked down, slightly carsick.

"....I used to be his owner." Everyone was quiet. "He never failed to complete his tasks, and my brother loves him around. It was like as if Simon was part of the family; a brother." You lifted your tied hands, staring at them as (B/n) invaded your mind again. "He would've been upset if he had heard that Simon is a backstabber." Again.

"I'm sure Simon has a reason. I mean, he did it to protect you, right?" Clover said, comforting you.

"Right.....protect me...look at how well that turned out." You said, hinting at the fact that Ralph nearly killed you and had a gun pointing at you. "Let's just...find a way to get out of here." You looked at Kara. "Kara, you still have that pocket knife I gave you?"

"No...right before I got in, Scott took it. He probably knew since you showed it in front of him." You mentally scolded yourself for that. "But....hold on....I forgot about that." You looked at her, eyes shined with curiosity and with no patience. "Alice, you still have the butterfly knife?"

"Yeah! Nobody found out about it!" Inside Alice's jacket, you can see the said knife poking out of the pocket.

"Good, we can use it!" You were confused with the situation.

"Hold up, where did you get that?" You asked out of confusion. Kara took the knife in her hands despite being tied.

"From Simon. A week or so ago, he gave Alice this so that she can protect herself." Kara said, holding the knife tightly as she carefully cut Alice's rope.

"Simon? But....if he's the one who gave you....why didn't he take it or tell Scott?" Luther asked, Kara froze.

"I....I don't know...." She replied. "Maybe he forgot about it? He did gave this to us a week ago, he could easily forget about this..."

"Whatever it is, let's just hope we all escape before we arrive at our destination." Everyone silently agreed with Connor. Soon, almost everyone had their ropes cut.

"Thanks." You mumbled as Kara cut your hands free. You rubbed your wrists in order to soothe the pain. "Now, how are we supposed to escape this truck?" You said.

"We could force it open." Clover suggested.

"No use. The driver could hear us."

"We can attack them then."

"The truck was at the very front, which means the rest were following the truck at the very back. If we were to attack the driver, they'll know and fight back." You said, disagreeing with Clover's reckless idea. "We could try....." You trailed off. You honestly can't think of anything. Everyone thought for a while, but no idea which is good enough was brought up.

"Hey, what's this?" Alice said, digging through the boxes. She found some kind of a tool.

"Hey...I recognize this!" You said, taking the tool in your own hands. "This is the tool that Markus used back in Stratford Tower in order to cut through the window! We could use this!" You suggested.

"That's not a bad idea....we could use it at the side, so that people at the back won't see it. Then we'll just have to hope that we'll able to land safely from a moving truck." Clover looked around. "It could work...right?"

"What do we have to lose? It's better than nothing." Luther pointed at the side opposite to him, "Cut a hole-- No, more than one. That way, we'll be able to escape faster. If we do it one at a time, the rest will most likely get caught.

"Luther's right." Kara agreed.

"Alright then..." You began to cut holes on one side. If this doesn't work...well, then so be it.

One

Two

Three

Four

There are only four holes. You can manage with only four.

"Alright, so Alice and Kara has to go first, since they're incapable of self-defense." Clover said, before throwing up a peace-sign. "No offense, though."

"None taken." Kara replied, reassuring Clover. "Then....who else?"

"Luther, you have to go with them." You said, "If they were able to track them down, you'll at least be able to defend them." Luther nodded.

"(Y/n), you can go. They want you, so that means you'll have to escape first. I can follow after." You looked at Clover. Although you know she was trying to help you, half of you wandered if the reason why she asked you to go first is because she wanted to go with Connor.

"Uh, no. It's fine. You can go first." You smiled. Clover slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, no! You go first!" She was trying to act polite, but you know better.

"I think it's best that (Y/n) comes with me." Connor stepped in. THANK YOU CONNOR!

Clover didn't say anything else. She simply nodded in 'agreement'.

"Alright, are we ready?" Luther said, already preparing to jump. Kara, Alice, and Clover did the same. You stayed behind Kara as Connor stayed behind Luther.

"I hope we make it with only small injuries." Kara said. "See you on the other side."

"Right." You replied. "On the count of three, you all jump, alright?"

"Right."

"One."

"Two."

You narrowed your eyes in determination. "Three!" The ones in front jumped. That leaves you and Connor. You were about to jump, but Connor stopped you.

"(Y/n)." You looked at Connor. "...nothing." He jumped out. You, although confused, jumped as well.

Screw those Antártes guys.