Chapter 8

"The others do not know that you are a human yet. It's best that it stays that way for now. Find the right time to tell your true identity to Markus in private, he will help you with the rest."

You used the rag that Lucy gave you to dry your jacket and clothes from the melted snow and blue blood. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. Lucy said that there was some spare clothes in the storage (perhaps for androids who wish to get rid of their uniforms) that perhaps might fit you, but there was no winter clothes, and your jacket and sweater were all that soaked, not the clothes beneath, so it was practically useless for you to change.

"Markus..?" You furrowed your eyebrows, thinking back to the leader that has spared your comrades. Perhaps he does not mean any harm, but you have openly deceived him, "Won't he kill me for lying?"

"He wanted a bloodless revolution," Lucy responded, "He won't kill you. I can promise."

He did spare Chris and the other guy...

You sighed, standing up from your seat. You dusted yourself and adjusted your jacket. It has gotten much colder despite the fire beside you. Nevertheless, you gave the rag back to Lucy, "Understood. I'll go to him. Hopefully, it is just like you said.

And try to see where exactly am I.... I remember some of the paths that has to be taken to get here, but it's not enough...

I should still remember what I came here for. I played along to know the location of Jericho. Now that I am here, I must find a way to tell the others without getting caught.

Lucy's eyes followed your movements as you left the room. You feared for a second she might know what you were up to, but if she knew, she would have already warned the others about your identity.

When you walked out of the room, you can see hundreds, maybe even thousands, of androids. They were chatting, talking, watching the news regarding the recent "attack" that they just executed. They seemed like normal people, if it weren't for the LED on their forehead.

They seemed much more... alive. Not like the others I have seen before. I've never seen this many androids in one place...

There were even child models here. Some played an awkward game of tag, waddling around and tapping each other as they shouted, "Tag! You're it!"

If Jericho were to be in better condition, you could say that you were in a paradise. It seemed so... peaceful, like a safe haven from the cruel world outside.

'Focus, (Y/n). You gotta focus. You came here to reveal the location of the leader, not to feel sympathetic towards those deviants.'

You walked around the unfamiliar place, mumbling out half-hearted apologies as you passed through the androids.

".... Police reported that three officers were attacked by those group of androids, and one of them has gone missing, namely (Y/n) (L/n), the police detective of DPD."

Shoot, what??

You stopped in your tracks, snapping your head towards the large screen at the mention of your name. Fear was evident in your eyes. You knew how news work. If they had shown a image of you while talking about your disappearance, you're done for.

You watched intently as an image (quite small, actually) popped up. Though not many could see it clearly, you instantly knew what that was. It was taken when you solved your very first crime that resulted in a huge success as a police detective. You had it framed.

No, no, no, no!! They'll see that I'm not actually an android!

You couldn't do anything. It wasn't like you could control the screen. If you could, you would make it self-destruct. You didn't know what to do. You could only hope that they would only show the image for a split second.