Chapter 20

Psalm 133:1
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
~~~~~~~~~

"Why didn't you save Hank? You know he could've died, right?" Your lips made a thin line. You waited for Connor's response. He simply looked at you, with no regrets, no emotion, as he should be.

"I am assigned to accomplish my mission. I was never programmed to care for my companions." He said bluntly. The only emotions he seemed to make are negative ones, as he should be. "One way or another, Lieutenant Anderson did survive."

"If I weren't there, he would've died." You frowned at his response.

"Wrong. If you're weren't there, he still had 89% chance of survival." He corrected, always right as he should be.

"89%, Connor. That doesn't guarantee that he will SURELY survive. If he ended up getting the 11% instead, that would've been the end for him."

"You are over-exaggerating this, Detective."

"Over-exaggerating?" You looked at him in disbelief. "Connor, I'm not over-exaggerating at all. I'm simply telling you the other way of this story. We may be walking on the right path for now, but who knows if we ended up in a dead end?"

"This isn't a story. This is reality." Connor was being realistic, as he should be.

(Hah, being realistic. WHY AREN'T YOU REAL THEN CONNOR--)

"Sometimes reality works like a story." You shook your head, looking at your lap. Connor simply stared at you from the other side of the couch. "Connor....your mission doesn't have to be your top priority."

"It is. It's in my program. At the end of the day, I will accomplish my mission." Connor said with such confidence, as he should be. You sighed, seemingly crestfallen.

"Connor..." You paused, looking at him right in the eyes. "....the day you realize that you have everything, you will see that you have nothing."

The room was dark and dim, gloomy and sullen, silent and quiet.

It was disturbing, but does that stop him from thinking about his loving father?

Markus was here now, at Leo's house. Leo was still in the hospital, he didn't know if Leo would allow him. After all, he did had some bad blood with him in the past. However, he had nowhere else to go. He had no choice but to stay here for now.

He stared at his hand, which slowly loses the skin-like color and exposed his android parts. After all he had done, why must he suffer like that? Why must he suffer this much pain? Hasn't he done enough by freeing his people? Hasn't he done enough by helping his friends? Could he even call you his friend anymore? You caused his death...you caused this....didn't you..?

Shaking his head, he reminded himself that you helped him with the revolution. Why would you simply betray them like that? On the other hand though.....

Why did you threw the bomb near the house? Why did you escape? He knew you well. You would've helped them to find Carl and the doctor android (who, sadly, died in the attack as well), so why didn't you? Moreover, why would they attack on the same day when you visit them?

More and more questions rushed into Markus's mind. Perhaps you did spill the location of Jericho. Perhaps you ARE the spy. Perhaps you were just acting after all. You were too much of a goody
-two-shoes. It seemed too good to be true.