Chapter 15

Wowowowowowowow I got so many notifs in this book after a week of no Wi-Fi.

~

Mark 3:11
"And unclean spirits, when they saw Him, fell down before Him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God."

For the first four days of your break, it was quite boring. You ignored the heavy feeling in your heart and start doing things that might distract you from your thoughts, even if that something doesn't last long or even boring. You have to start somewhere to overcome this guilt, right?

You have slight insomnia, but you're doing fine.

You still couldn't beieve you have three more days until you go back to work again.

I mean, you can go to work now, but you risk getting scolded by Fowler. It might take eternity for that lecture to be over, so you rather not.

You could always visit Carl, but you wouldn't want to be a bother as well.

You tried to think back the times in the past. What did you do when you had a day off before?

A sound of your doorbell snapped you out of your thoughts. You lay there on your bed, staring at the ceiling before finally having the energy to get up. You stood up and went downstairs to see who had rang your doorbell.

"Hello, how can I heeeelllllppp.........you........" You stood there with a surprised expression. "Oh...it's you..."

~Hank~

"Fowler, I know you know what happened to (Y/n)." Hank looked at the captain, his eyes narrowed and he was silently breathing heavily. He was angry. "What do you mean by, 'skipping work for another month'? Has she skipped work for a month before? Did you know what happened to her? Is that why she had been like this?!"

"Hank, were you eavesdropping--you know what? Never mind, I have enough of you!" Fowler stood up, glowering at Hank. The atmosphere was tense. "This is none of your business. You don't have to worry for (Y/n)."

"What if I want to?!" Hank exclaimed, " (Y/n) is like a daughter I never had, and I'm not planning to let this slide!"

"That happened four years ago, something happened and it made (Y/n) mentally and emotionally unstable!"

"What is it that traumatized her?!"

"It's an android-related thing, Hank. You wouldn't understand!"

"I LOST MY SON BECAUSE AN ANDROID COULDN'T SAVE HIS LIFE. OF COURSE I UNDERSTAND, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WON'T UNDERSTAND!"

"HANK! Your behavior is unacceptable! If you continue on being like this, I'll have you fired!"

"AND WHAT IF--"

Knock knock.

Both the male looked at the door, the room was silent for a while. Fowler mentally calm himself down as he told the person to come in. Hank turned his head away and crossed his arms, still upset about what happened a while ago.

"Fowler?" That familiar voice made Hank looked back. It was you, along with someone.

" (Y/n)? Goodness, does anyone not understand the word 'break'? I told Hank to take a break and he came back just so he can have an argument with me." Hank glared at the captain.

"Sorry, but Leo Manfred came to my house and said that he has something important to say." Leo glanced away nervously.

The reason why he went to you instead of directly going to the station was because the officers here refused to let him in. He remembered that you were quite close with his father, and decided to ask for you to help.