Chapter 22

Proverbs 11:28
"He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch."

Taking a deep breath, you looked Kara's side. "I choose the house. Going to a place that's more likely being investigated right now is not a great idea, not to mention dangerous. I say we follow what Simon said and sneak into the abandoned house at night." You looked at Kara. "Kara, are you sure Ralph will help us?"

"He helped us before. I'm sure he'll help us. If not, I'm sure he at least won't tell anyone about our location." She replied, you nodded. Luther wasn't satisfied, but he agreed with the plan in the end. Same goes with Connor. Clover couldn't care any less, strangely.

"Alright, let's polish this plan a little bit more." Clover said, placing her hands on her hips. "How can we get there?"

"We could use the train. We can disguise (Y/n)." Simon said.

"So people don't think a group of androids walking around at night seem suspicious at all?" Luther asked, raising his eyebrow. "Most androids are lost because there are no one to give them commands. Most of them would usually wander around Detroit or stay with their owner, if they're okay that is. They rarely go out in groups."

"There won't be a lot of people at night. We'll be okay as long as we follow the plan and keep (Y/n) out of sight." Connor said.

For the rest of the night, you all planned carefully. Where to go, where to meet if you were split apart, and so on. Scott was there, dropping off ideas here and there, but they weren't that helpful.

Hours only felt like minutes and it was already past midnight. The androids were okay, but you weren't. Your eye bags felt very heavy.

"I think it's best that you should rest as much as you could. After all, tomorrow is a big day. We'll be going by tomorrow midnight." Simon said, after noticing you slowly dozing off.

Usually, people would refer the 'big day' as something good. For you? Not so much.

"Yeah, I guess...." You mumbled as you rubbed your eyes. Everyone decided to call it a night and let you rest.

The next day

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Scott whispered to Simon, smiling nervously at the people who were looking at you all weirdly.

You're sitting on the seat, with Simon and Scott surrounding you so that you won't be seen. Except for Alice, who was sitting on your lap. She was able to cover you as well in that way. There are only about three people or so in the train with you. Like Simon said, there's not much people this late at night.

You didn't feel sleepy nor tired. You've been having small naps the whole day to keep yourself from getting tired during this trip.

Luther and Connor were on the other side of the train, acting like as if they weren't part of your squad. While as Kara and Clover stayed far away from you all.

Connor wasn't wearing his formal CyberLife uniform. He was wearing the same thing that he wore back in the attack of Jericho. It was to avoid attention.

Clover wanted to be with Connor in this trip, and has mentioned it throughout the day while the others were trying to plan a bit further.

In Clover's defense though, Connor wanted to be with you. It was only to ensure your safety, but Clover....her reason is unknown, and you're starting to get annoyed.