So Right (27)

"We need to buy that child a leash."

"I second that." The pair continued wandering the halls, poking their heads into rooms, wondering where the problem child had ended up. "What about the green one?"

"Doe? Also MIA." He buried his face in his hands.

"Oh, of course they'll go missing in the midst of the battle! The big, final battle! What better time to go missing? I mean- Love? Rey? Rey are you alright? Breathe, remember."

Another episode. She hadn't had one since that day, not a big one, anyways. Rey hadn't intended on changing that.

"I'm okay." The world stopped dancing, and she righted herself. "I'm okay." She repeated.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He still refused to let go of her arm. It could come on quickly, with all of this stress. Their baby- missing. The battle was coming, fast. And she had become the last hope. The last Jedi. The last...

You know, when people use the phrase- "fight to the last", you've really got to stop and ask- the the last what.

Because you'd better hope. You'd better pray. You'd better beg, to whatever god you believe in, that you're not the last. Because you don't ever want to be the last thing that they fight to. Because then, it's just you.

-
"Prepare for landing! Don't let that deter you; we're the first wave, got to start strong." Hux waved his troops off, so they could get ready. They were going to storm the rebel base.

"Can I go?"

"No."

Hir Ren let out a big sigh. She hated being stuck in Hux' stupid timeout chair. It was usually a place that Kylo had to sit, after a temper tantrum. She played with a dark strand of hair, and watched it curl around her finger. Kylo had once gotten so jealous of her hair that he'd tried to cut it in her sleep. He could never manage to grow it past his shoulders.

So, rightfully, she kicked his *ss. He'd snuck into her room in the middle of the night, and held a knife to her. Hux laughed so hard that he got a cramp when she'd brought him to their superior with his bruises, cuts, and a hairbrush shoved up his butt. That was years ago, though

She laughed at the memory. 'Too bad I have to kill him' she thought. And it was true. He had made himself a traitor, and traitors get punished. That's the way things work.

"Move out!" She watched, out the window, as the Troopers marched out onto the battlefield. She stood to leave.

"You," Hux pointed a finger at her. "Stay."

"You sound like my brother."

"You don't have a brother."

"I don't? I could've sworn-"

"No. No family. You came here to make us your family."

"I came here?"

"You don't remember? You showed up at our door, nameless and hungry."

"I thought-"

"We are all you've ever had. And all you ever will have."

"Alana."

"What?"

"My name... it was Alana. For a few years, anyways. Now I am Hir Ren." Alana. It wasn't something she had to think very hard about. It was always right there... on the top of her tongue... never coming out. And it sounded so right.

"This is such an inconvenient time for your memory to return, you know that?

-

"They've landed."

"I know... just one more time." Padme rubbed her fingers along one particular scar on her partner's arm. Their foreheads pressed together, arms tangled, legs wet in the lake.

"I love you."

"I will never get tired of hearing that." They breathed together. "I don't want to lose you."

"We have to chance it. Let's go save the world."

And so they stood. Their pants dripping, their eyes a little wet with tears. The ship was just a ways into the forest, and it wasn't hard to find. Whoever landed hadn't bothered to find a clearing; the First Order just landed their ship in the forest.

Doe had a knack of becoming practically invisible. They insisted that, to achieve it, Padme just had to say completely still. 'You'll go right over their heads', they said.

Padme wasn't quite as good as her partner, but it would do. They knelt in the tree, watching. The lightsaber in Padme's pocket pressed into her leg, a constant reminder of the battle.

'Mom is sick,' she thought. 'I have a better chance than her. I can do it... so she won't get hurt.'

It was the only way she could convince herself that this was a good idea. I mean, it wasn't. I should stop giving my characters such bad ideas. You know, I could've made Padme smart. That would've been smart.

Too bad I'm not. I mean, I know you're here to hear about Star Wars, but we're stuck here talking about me. You guys probably hate me now, too, for ruining the already bad story with a poorly written romance that was put there for fluff that is actually cute but nobody can admit it.

Know what? Let's get back to my poorly written romance. Cause I'm the author, and you can't tell me what to do. I would apologize, but that would make me a pansy, and there's only room for one pansy here, bucko.

"Watch them. There's thousands of them. Disgusting."

"Stay quiet."

"They're just here to kill. They want my mother dead. My father. It's horrid."

"I said, stay quiet." A handful of the armored soldiers placed themselves around the ship, placing a guard.

One was dangerously close to their hiding spot. Well, Doe could easily get by. A life of sneaking around in the forest would make that easy. Padme... well, you can't exactly hide on a desert planet. You just have to be good at lying. And, unfortunately, you don't have much time to come up with a good lie when these Stormtroopers shoot first, and ask questions later.