Fun

"Director Fury, it's a trap! The hostiles knew we were coming!"

"Damn it! Get to base, we'll regroup there!" I ran, panting and out of breath to Fury's office and bolted the door behind me. "Were you followed?" Fury demanded as he pushed the desk under the air vent.

"I don't think so," I panted "it was too hard to tell."

"How many hostiles and who were they?" Fury asked impatiently

"Ward, Maria, May, and... my parents. All three of them."

"Always thought they'd be the last to turn."

"Unfortunately not sir." Fury sighed heavily and then helped me up onto the desk.

"I want you to go through and block some of the entrances. FitzSimmons are still trustworthy, they're running security in the tech room, try and make contact with them to lock some of the perimeter doors."

"Yes, sir." I hopped up into the vent and silently prayed. Crawling through the vent, I almost screamed when I saw Dad crawling down one of the other airways. I froze until finally, he kept moving. How could this have happened? My parents would never betray me, but here we were. After a few more minutes, I arrived at the tech room and dropped in, scaring FitzSimmons out of their minds. "Lock the perimeter down!" I hissed, pointing my gun at the air vent. Fitz quickly typed in some commands and I heard the alarms go off as the doors bolted shut.

"I locked the doors to one of their strongholds as well." Fitz said proudly "You can tell Captain Rogers and Sergeant Barnes they can go ahead and round them up."

'Did you catch that?" I asked into my ear piece.

"Loud and clear, heading that way now."

"LOOK OUT!" Jemma screamed. I whirled around and saw her jump in front of Fitz as a bullet took her out from the air vent above.

"BROOKE RUN!" Fitz yelled as he held Simmons in his arms. I didn't hesitate, sprinting out the door and barricading myself in a supply closet.

"Pietro." I whispered into my comms. "They took out FitzSimmons."

"Where are you? Are you safe?" he asked frantically.

"I-I don't know." I whimpered "Pietro I'm scared."

"I'll be right there, just stay calm Солнце." I took a deep shuddering breath and a second later Pietro had dropped from the ceiling and was holding me in his arms. "You're OK." he mumbled as he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you so much." I breathed as I kissed him "And I'm sorry, but I have orders." His eyes widened before I shot him in the chest. Tears sprang to my eyes but I forced them down as I sprinted back to base.

"Did you do it?" Fury asked as I locked the door. I nodded silently.

"Good thing you gave me that tip." I said nonchalantly "How'd you know?"

"I overheard him talking to Barton in the air vents." I smiled and gave him a hug. He returned it but he slightly paled when I pulled away and revealed I'd stolen his gun.

"Pietro was following me and I know that he wasn't anywhere near you. Which means you set him up to gain my trust. The only reason you would need to gain my trust would be because you were never on my team in the first place. So, caw caw you son of a nutcracker." I shot him in the shoulder and chest with no hesitation "Guys how are we looking?"

"All of the opposition's been eliminated." Bucky said over comms. "We're safe."

"Well you are, I don't know about me, I got purple paint all over Fury's jacket." Fury was glaring at me from the ground, trying to mop up the paint bleeding over his coat.

"He should have told Barton that paintball was too competitive."

"Touche. Regroup in the rec room, we'll collect our prize there."

"Pay up Sucker!" I grinned as Dad smacked twenty dollars onto the table followed by a bag of candy from Mom and other various prizes from the losers of the competition. "We should do this more often." I said through a mouthful of candy as Steve, Bucky, FitzSimmons and I indulged in our spoils.

"Put a cork in it demon." Fury said bitterly. I giggled and curled up into Pietro's side. He pressed a kiss to my forehead as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Love you Солнце."

"Love you too."