Welcome to the World

"PIETRO!" I laid on the bed, breathing hard as Pietro came bursting into the room.

"What's wrong?" he demanded as he raced to my side.

"Contractions." I moaned as I squeezed Pietro's hand tightly. He looked at me fearfully before speaking again.

"Is the baby coming?" he whispered. I shook my head silently as my breathing got more labored.

"No." I said through gritted teeth "It just hurts. Can you stay with me?" Pietro climbed onto the bed next to me as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Of course honey." he said softly "I'll be right here." He gently rested a hand on my stomach and started rubbing it in small circles. I whimpered as I curled into Pietro's side.

"She's going to come any day now." I told him as the contractions subsided.

"Then we'll be a happy family." he said with a smile "My two beautiful girls."

"My handsome husband and amazing daughter." I added with a giggle. Pietro kissed my forehead as I started to drift off to sleep.

"Goodnight Солнце." he breathed

"Goodnight Pietro."

"Do you have any fours?"

"Go fish. Do you have any twos?"

"Damn it Brooke!" I giggled as Dad tossed four of his cards at me "Why did I agree to play this?" He muttered as he rested his head in his hands.

"Because I'm your kid, I'm pregnant, and you love me." I said teasingly. He chuckled softly and started to deal the cards again. The rest of the team, including Pietro and Rumlow, had left to go on a mission and Dad had volunteered to stay behind and make sure no one broke in and tried to kill me. Again.

"Alright," he said seriously "Do you have any on-"

"Dad!" I cried as I suddenly felt my water break "The baby's coming!" His eyes widened and he lept out of bed and grabbed his phone.

"Maximoff!" he barked into it as he called Pietro "Your kid's on the way so get your quick ass back here now." Dad listened as Pietro said something on the other end before smiling slightly and handing the phone to me.

"Hey Speedy." I said weakly "Great timing huh?"

"Are you OK?" he asked frantically.

"I'm fine," I said quietly "just please come back to us."

"I will," he choked out "I promise. I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered "Can you put Mom or Bucky on?" There was a fumbling on the other end and I rolled my eyes as I heard cursing in Russian while they tried to figure out how to work the phone. "Help me up." I mouthed to Dad. At the rate Pietro was taking, I'd deliver this baby before I talked to anyone. Dad gently led me down to the infirmary and set me on a bed just as the door burst open and Pietro came running in, gasping for breath. I looked between him and the phone in confusion. I thought he was still on the other end.

"I heard Russian." I told him as he raced to my side and held my hand "Who's having trouble with the phone if you're here?"

"That would be your brilliant big brother." Pietro said with a smirk "Apparently there are many things the Winter Soldier can do, but putting someone on speaker isn't one of them." I giggled quietly

"Wait," I said slowly "Weren't you in Washington D.C.?"

"So?" he asked in confusion. I rolled my eyes as Bucky's voice finally rang through the phone.

"I did it!" he said triumphantly.

"Only took him ten minutes." Mom muttered "Brooke, are you alright?"

"Everything hurts." I complained "Is that supposed to happen?"

"Oh sure, ask the plane full of two ex HYDRA agents, the hulk, an innocent man from the forties, a magical girl, a Norse god, a billionaire playboy, and a woman who's never had children!"

"Rumlow and Bucky were both there when I was born!" I snapped "So if someone doesn't tell me what to do in the next five seconds I'm going to be pissed!" There was a moment of silence and then-

"LANGUAGE!" Of course. When I need help delivering my child, no comments at all, but when I cuss in the slightest way, all of them are suddenly blessed with the power of speech.

"Idiots." I muttered.

"Alright," I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard Rumlow start talking "Brooke I have no medical experience, so I'd feel better if someone called a doctor or a nurse. Also, it's going to hurt like hell so be ready for that. Just stay calm, we're almost back to the tower. Everything's going to be fine."

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Pietro winced as I screamed at him relentlessly. Needless to say, everything was not fine. My body did in fact hurt like hell and it was all I could do to not squeeze the life out of Pietro's hand. My mom laughed quietly from her spot on the other side of me. Thankfully, the team had made it back and Tony had run to get a doctor so we actually had someone who knew what they were doing.

"You're doing great Brooke." the doctor in question called encouragingly "Just a few more minutes."

"Pietro, you are so dead after all of this."

"I love you too Солнце."

Three hours. That's how long it took to deliver my baby. I hated every second of it, but it was worth it in the end. Tears were streaming down my face as I held her in my arms. Pietro was trying to act like he wasn't crying, but it was pretty obvious that he was. The whole team had crowded into the room and they were all smiling as Pietro and I gushed over our daughter.

"What are you going to name her?" Bucky asked. I frowned thoughtfully and looked at Pietro in askance.

"I want to do something that represents the team." Pietro said quietly "They gave Brooke and I homes when we didn't have one." I smiled as I thought of the perfect name.

"What if we named her after the co founder of the team?" I suggested "The one who founded the group that formed this team. Let's call her Peggy." I think Steve was about to burst into tears.

"Are you serious?" he choked out. I nodded silently.

"Peggy is one of the reasons that we're all here." I said softly "She's who I wanted to be when I grew up before I met ya'll. It seems like the best choice."

"Peggy Maximoff." Pietro said thoughtfully "I love it."