Run

"Солнце? Hey, come on Sweetie, wake up." I mumbled incoherently and buried further under the covers, but bolted upright when I realized that Peggy was gone.

"Where's Peggy?" I asked frantically, turning to look at Pietro.

"She's downstairs watching TV." he said soothingly. I let out a sigh of relief and rested my head in my hands. "I made breakfast." Pietro said with a smile, handing me a plate of pancakes. I giggled and took the plate, immediately starting to eat. Pietro hopped to sit on the bed next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Thanks for this." I said with a smile.

"Are you thankful enough to share?" Pietro asked hopefully. I rolled my eyes and moved a tiny piece of a pancake to the side of the plate for him. He shook his head in amusement, but was still eager to take my food.

"I felt generous today." I informed him "Normally I would tell you to starve." Pietro chuckled softly and kissed my temple, causing me to blush. "Stop being cute and making me blush." I whined, setting the, now empty, plate on the floor and curling up on Pietro's lap.

"I thought that as your husband I was supposed to make you blush." he teased, holding me close to him. I smiled and snuggled into him.

"To tell you the truth, I'm never going to get over you being my husband." I said truthfully "When I first met you, I had the biggest crush on you."

"Aw, babe, you liked me?" he asked with a smirk "That's embarrassing."

"We're married!" I protested "It doesn't matter now." I buried my head into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me with a small laugh. "Meanie." I mumbled.

"You know I'm just messing with you Солнце." he said softly, kissing the top of my head. I looked up at him with a smile as he held me. "I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too."

"Come on Guys!" I complained "You know I can't run that fast!" Pietro and Peggy stopped in their tracks, identical grins on their faces.

"Hurry up Momma!" Peggy called "You're being slow." Pietro was laughing his head off, but he willingly darted over to me and scooped me into his arms.

"You're fast for a normal person." Pietro assured me. I rolled my eyes and held onto him tightly as he and Peggy darted through the forest. Eventually they stopped at a clearing, and I looked around in wonder. It was extremely beautiful, the sunlight was floating through the trees and flowers were sprouting all over the place.

"Daddy and I found this place yesterday!" Peggy said proudly. I smiled and set the bag full of food on a nearby rock.

"This place is amazing." I breathed. Pietro smiled at me and walked over to Peggy. He sat down beside her and started talking a loud voice.

"Peggy, do you see that really beautiful woman over there?" he asked with a smirk. Peggy giggled and nodded. "Do you think you can go over and tell her that I think she's cute?"

"Yes sir!" Peggy said immediately, leaping to her feet and still giggling. She darted over to me and tugged on my shirt.

"What is it?" I asked innocently, bending down so I could hear her.

"That guy over there thinks you're cute!" Peggy exclaimed, smiling the whole time. I chuckled softly and looked over at Pietro who was looking around randomly, pretending to not hear us.