Hanging Out

"Bucky I'm bored!" Bucky chuckled softly as he sat down on the bed next to me.

"I know you are, Mouse." he said quietly as I glanced up at him with a pout on my face "You'll be able to get up soon."

"How soon is soon?" I whined.

"Soon, Brooke. That's all I can say." The rest of the team had been called away on a mission, so Bucky had volunteered to stay with me and make sure I didn't "over exert myself".

"C'mere Sweetheart." Bucky said with a small smile as I looked at him miserably. I immediately scooted towards him and rested my head on his chest. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" he asked as I laid there in silence.

"Can you read that book to me?" I whispered shyly.

"Sure Sweetie." he said softly as he reached over and grabbed the book that was lying on the table next to my bed "The Hobbit." he read the tile and smiled at me "Didn't I introduce this to you?" I nodded sheepishly and Bucky laughed quietly.

"Alright," he said as he opened the book "here we go." I snuggled into his side as he started to read.

"In a hole in a ground, there lived a hobbit."

"One more chapter?" Bucky smiled and kissed my forehead as he set the book down.

"It's time for you to go to bed and you know it." he reprimanded as he tucked me under the covers.

"Bucky," I started to complain, but he remained stoic and I sighed as I realized my cause was lost. "Fine." I muttered as I started to drift off to sleep. Bucky wrapped a protective arm around me and I rested my head on his chest as my eyes started to close.

"Goodnight Little Mouse." he whispered.

"Goodnight большой брат."