A Chance

Five Years Later

"Hey Pietro, can you hand me the peanut butter? Natasha took it for herself." He tossed me the jar and watched as I made myself a sandwich. I carefully spread the peanut butter onto the bread and didn't even notice him zoom up behind me until he silently wrapped his arms around me. A small smile wormed its way onto my face and I turned to nuzzle my head into his neck.

"You doing alright Солнце?" Pietro murmured with a grin "Looking a little tired."

"I'm fine Babe," I said softly "Mom and Dad are just going to update me on our teams in a minute; Carol was supposed to check in today." He nodded wordlessly and pressed small kisses up my neck and along my jaw. "Do you want to watch a movie tonight?"

"Sounds good." We stayed locked together for a few minutes, Pietro's arms wrapped around my waist as I leaned back against him. It had been five years since the team had killed Thanos and failed to bring the stones back. Five years since our friends and family had been dusted and Tony had taken Pepper and moved out of the tower. It was all fine though... I guess.

"Hey Pipsqueak?" I heard Dad call from the living room. "Can you and Pietro come here for a second?" We frowned and walked over to see him and Mom sitting with Steve and a familiar looking man.

"Oh, Scott, right?" I asked curiously "Ant-Man?" He nodded before standing up and pacing the floor. I gave him a sideways glance as Pietro and I sat next to Dad who hugged me.

"Scott has something he wants to tell us, if he can get the words out." he said quietly. The man must have heard him because he stopped and turned to face us.

"Do you know anything about Quantum Mechanics?"

"Only to make conversation," Mom replied, looking at him in confusion. Scott focused on her before plowing through the rest of his speech.

"Well five years ago, when Thanos happened, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. It's a place you have to be super small to get into. My- Well... So Hope is my- Anyway she was supposed to bring me back but she was snapped so I've been in the Quantum Realm for Five Years."

"I'm sorry," I gasped "That must have been an awful five years."

"Yeah, but it wasn't. For me it was five hours and- Are you going to eat that sandwich?" I shook my head weakly and gave him my lunch which he ate like a dying person.

"Is there more to the story?" Pietro asked in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, so anyway, I got to thinking that if we can manipulate the time and Quantum Realm, we could go to a time before Thanos," Scott casually finished as he polished off my sandwich.

"You mean a time machine," Steve said in disbelief.

"I mean, not really... It's more of a- Yeah ok it's a time machine." There was a moment of stunned silence as we all processed this.

"We're going to need some serious help."