Chapter Four

Song Used: Vivaldi's Summer

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Slowly letting my bow slide across my violin, a high sound is created, being heard throughout the room.

I try to not focus on the silent looks the others give me, moving in the small parts I need to.

Hmm, hm, hm.

Hmm, hm, hm.

Okay, again but lighter.

My fingers move to accompany the commands I'm asking for. I move gently, trying to sound as soft as I can before the inevitable sudden movement that the song has. I know I'm not amazing to anyone right now. I know their faces must be neutral, a thin line upon their lips. But I want them to see.

Get ready to go faster.

Another deep breath, my eyes making contact with the judges before I instantly start moving faster. I make sure to hit the high sounds, my arm moving as the violin works with me to help me make the sounds I need to.

Faster.

I clench my teeth lightly, moving my hand faster, trying to control my wrist to get the sound I need.

One more time (Y/N). Faster.

I obey, my brows furrowing as the bow slides against the violin in the way I mean it to even if Vivaldi didn't. Because while he may have made it, I'm the one playing. They're getting me, not Vivaldi. I hear them move but I try to not focus, still hearing my violin get louder.

Slow, slow, slow now.

I ease into the quiet sound again, calming down my heart even though I know I'm going to be trying to be just as fast before. The sound, goes up, hitting notes that sound so loud yet so beautiful to me.

Repeat of last time.

Hmm, hm, hm.

Hmm, hm, hm.

I'm calm now, very lightly hitting these notes.

Okay, go higher.

This time there won't be any build up, I'm aware. Instead it'll be just a few short strokes before I suddenly launch into the quick and loud noises of before.

I can still hear them murmuring, moving as they wait for the same part I am. Because they know I'm not following what Vivaldi wanted me to.

Now!

I instantly start, feeling my whole body move with the instrument. I can hear them grow louder but I try to not put my full attention on it. No, right now I just need the violin here with me. And I need to be faster. 

Come on, come on. 

My hands move.

Just a bit more.

I feel sweat start to collect on my hands, and silently I wish for my body to calm. I was so close, I could feel it.

Slow down! Slow down now!

It quiets down again, and I know I only have a bit more of time. Just this small part and I'm done.

Hmm, hm, hm.

Hmm, hm, hm.

It's only a few more notes before I stop, very slowly moving so I can easily transition out even though it isn't the end.

And soon, the sound of the violin is gone, my hands dropping down to my waist as pants escape my mouth. My hands are clammy, trembling at the adrenaline that flushes through me. Stars, I may have overworked it.

I hear clapping, causing my eyes to travel up to the watching area. I see a few musicians, who no doubt came because their turn was over or they were simply bored. But they stand, all either clapping or whistling.

I notice the blue hair guy, who is now standing. He looks to me, doing so for a few seconds before then turning and walking out.

Looking back to the judges, I see one with a smile. A girl, who's hair is now a silver yet so lively looking with it spilling onto her shoulders and who's eyes seem so bright despite being paled out from age.

Another simply watches with guarded eyes, a small frown on his eyes. It's a young man this time, deep brown hair and light brown eyes.

The other judge almost makes me flinch. He wears an angry expression, his teeth clenched in a way that makes wrinkles bunch around his mouth. His eyes are narrow, but not in a good way as his brows point downwards in disapproval.

I hear a small sound of someone clearing their throat, causing me to turn to the edge of the stage. I see Marsha, beckoning over.

And I follow, still hearing the others clap.

Was I supposed to take this as a win or as a loss?

Once off the stage I look up, seeing Marsha look down to a small clipboard I didn't notice earlier. "Min Yoongi." She whispers softly before then turning to me. "Did anyone come after you Miss Kim?"

I nod, still trying to calm myself down. "I heard someone come in." I try to speak between pants. "There's one guy I haven't seen perform yet. Blue hair, hipster kind of clothing. He left when I finished. I'm sure he's in the waiting room." I try to tell her.

Marsha nods.Before she leaves though she points to a small chair that's to the side. "You must be tired. You can rest here." And with that, I'm alone.

I'm still in the small room next to the stage, meaning I have clear view of who will be next. And I can try to calm before anyone else sees me.

Good.

Min Yoongi.

That was his name right?

Sitting down, I shake my head slightly. It was a nice name, a unique one.

I wonder how he would play, after all he was so critical of everything that everyone else had done.

What did he think of mine?

Hearing footsteps, I turn to the door that they would enter from.

And sure enough there he was. 

Min Yoongi.

He looks to me when he notices that I'm still there, eyes glancing over my whole expression. No doubt he saw how exhausted I was from the performance I gave, my hair wet where it started, my breathing shaky, and whole body still trembling.

I give him a smile and thumbs up while he passes, whispering a 'You got this' which only makes his lips quirk up at the slightest. From amusement or actual happiness I don't know which. 

But he doesn't verbally answer as without hesitance he walks onto the stage.

And heads straight for the piano.

End of Chapter Four