Chapter Three

"Don't you see? This is my chance! If I could make it-"

"Make it to where?!" She screams at me, ripping the flyers from my hands and starting to tear it up.

"W-Wait! I don't remember the information!" I yell, frantically trying to take the paper from her hands despite already knowing it was too late. Small pieces fell to the ground, so small in fact I knew there was no chance of me somehow bringing them together again.

"I don't care! You won't make it (Y/N)!" My mother finishes her job, taking a step forward and stepping over all the scattered pieces. "You need to give up. You're twenty four now and have no money, no house, not even someone to rely on! You need a real job. Not this music crap."

I would say I felt tears but it was too late to, because my cheeks were wet and my vision so blurry that I couldn't see anything but color. "I can make it. I know I can. I bought a new violin, a better one." I tell her, my words coming out fast yet so mushed together I'm almost slurring them. "If I just-"

"You bought a new instrument? You could have used that money to get a job!" Fury is written across her face, her own tears making her eyes glisten so beautifully. 

I watch them hopelessly, wishing I could hate her. Wishing I could scream back at her with the same anger and disappointment that she used every time she would say the most simple of phrases to me. 

But the thing I hated was I understood her.

I was a failure in this family. 

The thought caused a whole new surge of emotions to hit me, being so overwhelming I could feel my chest tighten. 

"I can do this. I really can. This could change everything." I finally whisper out, head hung down. Because I expect screaming, yelling, anything that would express how frustrated my mother felt. But instead I just hear a sigh.

"Just go upstairs." She tells me quietly, so much more emotion dripping out from the three words I wish I could just give into how much my body wanted to shake, collapse, cry, anything. 

But, just like how I never give in on stage, I don't give in now.

Quietly I turn, walking upstairs. 

End of Chapter Three

First of all, whoooooooo! This chapter is by far the shortest of all the rest yet this took the longest to write. Mostly for the fact I had to play around with the words I wanted in order to make the scene right.
Second of all, sorry for this being a day late. I had a huge migraine yesterday so I couldn't really do anything. And since I revise on the day these chapters come out, I couldn't even just hit publish.
But I hope you enjoy! Another chapter will be coming out because of how short this one is so *Finger Guns*

~ Julie ~

~ UndersideOfUs *