Chapter Thirty four

I hum as I sit up on the medical bed, staring out the window that's right next to it. It's a pretty bright but chilly day outside, summer starting to end as July ebbs away and welcomes August instead. 

I'm sitting alone currently, I was able to convince Yoongi to go home by lying that there were no more tests. Now, he's practicing without a doubt. Well, there shouldn't be a doubt because I forced him to call me and play the piano as evidence he was actually practicing. 

As for me? I've barely practiced, something I feel a little less guilty for than I probably should. But I've been asleep more often and I haven't really been out of the hospital since I came back a day or two ago. 

"Noona~" A voice calls as they knock on the door.

Looking to the door, I see a certain pink haired boy and smile. "Hey, Jiminie."

Jimin grins and walks in, sitting down on one of the chairs next to me. "So, how you holding up?"

I shrug, "Pretty good. We found out how dangerous the, uhm, the condition is." Jimin frowns and motions for me to tell. So I tell him, looking away so I don't have to see his face.

There's silence for awhile, no doubt the boy trying to comprehend what this all means. "Why isn't Yoongi here?" He asks instead, probably needing more time.

"I made him practice. He needs to play in the competition," I murmur, shrugging. But disliking how quiet the room is, I straighten up and smile, "So, why are you here?" I ask in a chirp.

Jimin shakes his head before he holds up his hand that's holding what looks to be a bag of sweets. "Want some chocolate?"

"Duh! Gimme one."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

"YN, I see you have a visitor." The words are followed by a sigh.

Jimin glances to the doctor, huffing at the fact he can't understand the English. He doesn't say anything though.

I grin, "Yep! My friend wanted to give me some chocolates he so sweetly bought." I gesture to Jimin, "This is Jimin Park," I then gesture to Mark, "And Jimin, this is Mark Tuan." 

Jimin seems to catch onto those words at least. He gives a crescent smile and waves, "Hello! Uh, nice to meet you Tuan." 

"Nice to meet you too, Jimin." Mark gives a nod before sitting down. "So, YN. We have what treatments we can try to do. Really, we only have one option and that's surgery to remove the tumor."

I nod silently before gulping, "Wouldn't that be really-"

"Risky? Yes, but it's either that or come to terms of what could happen and live your life until your body loses too many necessary cells." Mark sighs for the billionth time since I've known him, "I'm sorry, I really am. But, would you want to try the surgery?"

Hesitantly, I nod. "Yeah, I would. I wouldn't want to go down without a fight."

Mark releases another sigh, "Okay then. We'll make an appointment for it. I'm going to give you a sheet with all the risks and warnings, the usual paperwork you've been signing."

"Okay, thank you!" I try to say more cheerily, watching as Mark nods before standing.

"I'll let you read over everything."

And with that, he leaves.

Jimin watches him leave, "So what did Tuan say?"

I gulp, "I'm having surgery and it can be- it has a high risk." I notice how he barely nods and nudge him, "I don't doubt I'll get right through it." 

Jimin doesn't seem convinced and for a few moments we just look at each other. It isn't until I clear my throat and hold out my hand is the silence broken, "Can I have another chocolate?"

End of Chapter Thirty Four