Chapter Fourteen

I sit on the bed, trying to imagine the violin under my chin and the bow in my hand. I pretend to play, though it does nothing. It always does nothing. I always needed the real thing in my hand, to hear the notes and see what I was playing.

But I had tried this technique for about an hour now, really attempting to practice.

All it did was pass time but I took it. After all, we had to be awake for a bit.

Yoongi was occupied, working at his computer with complete and utter focus. He would stop for a drink of warm water or to stretch but then back to work it was.

I soon gave up on my attempt to practice, letting my hands fall as I fell back onto the bed. My back hit with a small 'thump', the mattress bending to support the sudden weight.

What was I supposed to do now?

I was left with that question once again, but thankfully it didn't last long as my phone started to buzz. Reaching over, I see the ID reading it's my dad. I'm not excited nor disappointed to see it. Glancing to Yoongi, I see he has headphones atop his head.

I could take a call.

So that's what I do.

"Hey dad."

"Sweetie? It's your mom."

At that I do feel the disappointment.

"Hey mom." I change, forcing a sigh down my throat.

"Hey, I just wanted to check on you. You haven't called me all day, I was just wondering if you were okay. I don't want the stress to get to you, I know there are a lot of talented musicians there." She tells me, her voice worried but I want to fight it. This was worse than her screaming at me. At least when she yelled at me, she wasn't pretending. It was true emotion.

"I'm fine mom. I'm working with a talented musician you know." I don't call myself one, knowing my mom will create another comment that hides her thoughts.

"Right. . . Min Yoongi right? The boy with bright blue hair? He seems. . . interesting. But isn't he too tense for you?" She questions, and I can hear her frown.

I instantly shake my head, refusing to allow her to insult him. "He's perfect." I say without second thought, surprising myself from the words. They were. . . blunt.

"Perfect? Well, no one's perfect sweetie I-"

"Really, he is. He's open to ideas, easy to work with, and keeps track of needs I'd forget about." I hear her shifting around, and by the clicking of heels I know she's pacing. I don't really blame her at that. Because I want to do the same thing. "I'm grateful I don't have someone else. They wouldn't have the same ethic as me." I add, my mouth working without my mind.

"Well. . . Okay. Remember you can come back any time. There's jobs you can take that would help you make at least a living. Then maybe your father and I could-"

"It's fine. Really. Look- I got to go. Okay?"

And before she can answer, I hang up.

I'm definitely not in the mood to hear anymore of her.

I look back to Yoongi, who is stretching while apparently listening to something.

Gosh I wish I had something to do.

Suddenly, Yoongi presses a button on his computer, typing something before he takes his headphones and looks to me.

"You're bored." Is all he says.

"What?"

"You're bored. You don't have anything to do. So what do you want to do?"

"Oh- you don't have to stop your project for me." I sit up, giving him a smile to reassure him.