Chapter Twelve

Stepping into the room, my expression isn't one of joy. Though I force it to be when I see Yoongi at the piano, his hands already sliding against the instrument to play a piece that I don't know of. It echoes in the otherwise empty music hall, each sounding to be in perfect rhythm and beat.

I don't want to make a sound as I see that my blue haired partner actually has his eyes closed, his body lightly swaying when his fingers move to one side of the piano only for them to travel to the other. When I slowly walk forward I see that there's a small smile on his lips. I can't help but stare, my heart beating in chest with a new surge of hope.

He can play with emotion.

He could smile when touching the piano keys, when letting them dip ever so slightly only for a new sound to take its place. 

I simply watch until I hear the sound of a wrong note, causing him to grow rigid before a sigh escaped his mouth. His hands fall from the keys and instead land next to him, clutching the bench he sits on. "How am I suppose to surprise Jiminie if I can't play?" He asked himself softly before opening his eyes.

I then take the moment to ask, "Jiminie?"

Yoongi jumps, turning to me with alert eyes. 

I smile, a bit nervous when I realize how much I caught him off guard. "Who's Jiminie?" I repeat, my voice a bit more quiet before I then try to joke, "A boyfriend? Crush?" I tease lightly, turning to walk up the stairs that lead onto the stage.

Yoongi raised a brow before shaking his head, "Jimin." He corrects first, causing me to tilt my head in silent question. "His name is Jimin. And no, he's my brother. One of my roommates actually. His birthday is coming soon, I wanted to surprise him."

Finally making my way up, I put my case down by the piano and kneel down in order to bring out my violin that I hadn't seen in such a long time.

"That's sweet." I comment softly, glancing up to him with a genuine smile. "Do you do that for every one of them?"

Yoongi paused, taking a deep between his teeth before then shrugging, "I don't surprise them with piano. I don't do surprises a lot myself, everyone else does though." He stopped talking to think for a moment, "I wanted to give something to Jimin. This is the only way I can right now."

Pulling out my violin, I ask, "When's his birthday?"

"In a few days. After the tournament actually."

"Oh. Well, maybe we can have some time spared so you can keep practicing the song. What song is it anyways?" Standing, finally see my violin that I had missed for such a long time.

"It's one he wrote himself actually." Yoongi says this a bit more confidentially, his lips quirking up once again. 

At that my interest is piqued, an 'o' forming with my lips. "Really? Can I hear it?" I ask before then adding, "Actually no. How about we wait until we practice a bit so then when we take a break we got something to do?" 

Yoongi snickers, "Sure. He'd be happy to know I'm playing it for others."

With that I grin. "Let's get to working then."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I groan when I hit the wrong string, a wretched sound coming from the instrument in my hand. I was exhausted from just trying to learn how to play the original piece with Yoongi, much less trying to think of ways to change it up while playing.

Yoongi was trying hard as I was, his face set in concentration only for it to be completely shattered when either of us heard a misplaced note.