Chapter Seven

Standing in front of the airport building extra early while the doors open every twenty minutes or so with others tiredly walking around isn't the best, especially when those walking around are so exhausted that they bump into you. But, in an attempt to be positive, I simply take the chance to enjoy the sky. It was a warm night but with a few cold breezes brushing through the crowd as if to come and say hi to me, knowing I was alone and a quite uncomfortable. 

It was my friend next to my violin it seemed.

That is until I saw someone who seemed like a friend simply for the sake that he came right when things were seeming to be unbearable, his blue hair being the first thing I notice despite the only thing showing being his bangs while the rest was hidden under a black hat. In fact if I thought his last outfit was dark I was mistaken because he was quite literally wearing all black, making his skin stand out against it. Black jacket, black shirt, black jeans, and to really top it off, a black mask covering part of his nose and mouth.

Well, if he was comfortable. 

After all, I had come in sweats, a basic shirt, a hoodie, and a hat of my own that was meant to hide my bed hair. Because when you wake up at twelve to leave at one for a two hour drive that will help you arrive at three for a flight at five kind of leaves you exhausted and not ready to do anything for the whole day.

"Were you waiting long?" Yoongi asks first as he starts to walk in, holding a duffel bag, a backpack, and a suitcase. 

Why so much?

Well, I don't know how long 'long' is but I shake my head so he won't feel bad, "No. And even if I was, it doesn't matter. I enjoyed being out here." I inform him, giving a small smile which he doesn't really respond to except with the smallest of nods.

"We should hurry, in case something stalls us." He murmurs, his voice quiet yet at the same time clear with how empty the building felt. 

Maybe this is why they got a flight at five, so we wouldn't be with so many people. Less risks of danger, less money. 

Going into security, I start to prepare to take off my shoes and socks, also knowing that whatever metals in my bag I'd need to explain too. I see next to me that Yoongi is starting to take off jewelry, taking off his earrings.

He has a lot of them actually. More than I own period. 

By the time I'm putting in my bags he's barely finished with everything he's wearing, now taking off his shoes and socks too. Which actually goes by fast with the back his shoes are just slide on. He puts his bags in and instantly the metal detector goes off, startling me but leaving Yoongi simply speaking. Explaining I'm sure.

"I have equipment in there. Microphones, computers, keyboards, and a lot more." 

That's why he had so much luggage. Well, that makes sense. 

But why the equipment? Will he even have time to do all that? We haven't even chosen the piece we want to play much less practiced. The two of us need to be practicing night and day to be able to work in sync like we need to in order to win.

My thoughts distract me and when I come back I see that everyone's done. I slip back on my shoes and socks before taking my luggage, walking forward and trying to find the luggage check. I glance down to my own suitcase before looking to my backpack, something I was only able to bring because my dad promised to pay for it along with my violin. 

Quickly we find the luggage check, slipping our bags on.

Once done we simply look to each other.

"So, we just wait?" I ask, glancing around the waiting center that the airport had. Restaurants, grocery shops, and simple waiting areas were around us. Open for just us and the very few people that were also present. 

"I guess so." We stand there in silence for a few moments before he then offers, "Want to look for something to eat? We can rest after."

At that I excitedly accept and we set off to find a small grocery store. It's pretty easy to find one, the two of us stepping in and looking around. Mentally I try to think of the money that I have. Really only enough to maybe buy a simple ramen cup along with some water. Okay, well, I guess that's what I'm doing.

So I grab the only two items I can really afford right now and put it on the counter, the cashier quickly preparing the ramen for me while I pull out my money. While I count, Yoongi walks up next to me and sets down his own food. Two ramen cups, a pretty big bottle of water, and some type of gummy snack. 

That's a lot.

I won't judge though, waking up in the middle of the night and dragging yourself around can make you pretty hungry. 

"Is that all you're getting?" Yoongi asks, watching the cashier finish my cup and start to prepare his.

I put my money on the counter before looking to him. He seems so focused, even though it's on such a small task. Apparently he notices my stare because his eyes look to me, watching me without his head actually turning. "Uh, I'm not that hungry." I tell him, making his eyes go back to the cashier who is now finished.

He grabs his food before also getting a bag for his drink, putting that on his arm. So it's easier to hold I'm sure. 

"Ah, I guess I have more of an appetite than most people." He nods his head to the person in thanks before then walking out, leaving me to follow. 

We find a small seating area, where we sit across from each other and simply start to eat. At first it's in simple silence but when my mind continues to urge me it's becoming awkward, I force myself to start to speak. "Did everything with your roommates go well?" I ask, hoping he doesn't just give a 'yes' or 'no'.

Yoongi looks up from his food, chewing his bite before lightly setting down the cup on his lap. "Yes, it did. They were all very supportive. I'm sure everything went well for you. You did say the faster the better, right?"

Oh, that's not a question I want. Well, at least it's a two way conversation we're having. 

"Uh, yeah it did. My family was fine with it." I try to first, not make it seem like I live with my parents and second, try to make sure it doesn't sound like they were ready to kick me out. "They want me to make it to the top, so they believed the faster I could do it the better." That was one way to say it. But it was technically true. 

Yoongi nods, taking another bite of his ramen before then checking the time on his phone. "It's good you have a supportive family." 

I don't know how to respond, not wanting to ask about his from his tone while also not wanting to comment on my own. 

"I'm glad your roommates were fine with it. Are you and them close?" I ask instead, wanting to redirect to something a bit more positive. 

I'm glad when he nods, showing I was successful. "They're very similar to family to me. Like brothers." Yoongi finishes his cup before I do, moving onto his second one without much thought. 

"Oh, that's sweet." I tell him, smiling lightly that I was actually given information. It was small, but at least we weren't waiting in awkward silence. That was something I was really scared for. 

And while we do eat the rest of our food in silence it feels more like comfortable silence, the two of us in a silent agreement that we don't need or don't want to talk right now.

I'm not aware how much time passes with the two of us simply sitting there but we both jump when we here that our flight is being called. 

Glancing to each other we stand, rushing to first throw all our food away before then walking to where we would board.

It's quick to get on the plane, the two of us sitting by each other in simply the business sector. Meaning we were still in close quarters.

Not even a few moments after we get settled do I see Yoongi pull his hat down, the boy leaning back to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. 

I blink a few times before covering my mouth to hide a smile at the seemingly child-like move. 

But I follow after, shutting my eyes in order to try and rest.

After all, the next few days would be hectic. 

And I had a feeling I wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.

End of Chapter Seven