Chapter Thirty Eight

Yoongi's POV

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I sit in the waiting room, staring at the door in which YN is supposed to enter. The competition had already started, in fact three groups had already gone. In normal circumstances, I'd be watching those playing in order to fully understand what I would be going against.

I had already listened to a few competitors even before the competition today. They were kind, often having heavy accents that didn't fit their English - Just like me. I was right about the fact that anyone who worked in petty ways were going to be weeded out. Only if YN could have seen that though.

I was hoping that we would be able to hear each other play, but after I played for her- 

I cut myself off within my thoughts. It was too late to bother with them anyways. YN and I would simply have to go up there and work with no plan. 

I puff out my cheeks, exhaling to try and get rid of any anxiety. 

"Number four, please come up to the stage." 

I look to my number card. YN and I were number six. In less than fifteen minutes she's supposed to be here. 

For the first part of four's performance, I attempt to listen to their playing but simply can't. Another puff of my cheeks is what results.

"Min Yoongi," A soft voice calls. I instantly look up, heart beating wildly at the thought that YN could be here. But it fails when I instead see a receptionist. 

Of course it isn't YN. Instead of the soft voice, she would have called with one that was teasing. No doubt a smirk would have been upon her lips, eyes twinkling the way they always did when she joked with someone. 

I shake my head, effectively shaking my thoughts too. "Yes?"

The receptionist waves an envelope. "Someone has a message for you."

Trying to not show my displeasure at the fact, I smile and thank her. Once she leaves, I huff and look to the envelope. It's decorated with doodles and stickers alike, along with some words that cause my brows to raise (most of them include the fond insults she always tells me when we manage to annoy each other enough). I recognize YN's handwriting instantly. 

I quickly open the envelope, pulling out the letter inside.

I swear, if she did all this just to be extra I'm going to kill her.

With I sigh, I start the rather short letter I see in front of me.

"Dear Min Yoongi, my love, my dork, 

It's YN! Obviously. So, you probably noticed that I'm not there yet and I apologize for that. No doubt, you're anxious but trying to hide it. You're always so collected, I wonder how you do that.

Anyways, that's besides the point. The point is, I won't be there. But it's okay, I promise! You can still play, okay?"

I grit my teeth. She's got to be kidding me, she's joking.

"I know you can. Play exactly like you did a few days ago. No doubt the audience will feel what you do. No doubt they'll feel what I did. 

And I know you must think I'm crazy or I'm joking but I'm not. This is one of the rare times where I'm being completely serious. I want you to do this, to be able to play with emotion and to show people what you can do.

Love, 

Kim YN."

I blankly stare at the letter before my hand starts to crumble the paper from how tight my grip is. She's insane, that woman is insane. Instantly, I pull out my phone and call her, ready to give her a piece of my mind.