Chapter Thirty

Triple Update??? Whaaaaa-

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

The next few days are a flurry of needles and samples. Honestly, I hate all of them. I've never been one to be good at hospitals so going through all my nightmares isn't too fun.

But on the bright side, Yoongi is allowed in most of the testing to help calm me down. Usually, it's done through soft praises and sweet nothings that allow me to focus on his more gravelly voice. Visitors aren't really allowed since my fever is barely going down.

When it does break, everyone visits, filling up the room.

"Woah, that's a lot of bandaids," Jeongguk mumbles first when he enters the room, motioning to all the bandaids on my arms.

I chuckle. "Just a bit," I answer sarcastically.

"Have you been okay, YN? I know that the hospital isn't a very positive experience," Namjoon murmurs, sitting down as the rest follows.

Yoongi is the last one in, who sits by me on the bed and instantly wraps his arms around me. He makes sure to steer clear of the bandages, though. My arms are too sore to have pressure on them.

"I've been good, just ready to get out and start practicing for the competition. Which," I turn to Yoongi with a grin, "I found a piece we could do~"

Yoongi frowns, "What- How did you have enough time to find a classical piece? You usually sleep anytime you're not doing tests. You're supposed to be resting."

"And you're supposed to be playing the piano right now- Oh look we're stating the obvious." I respond back with a roll of my eyes before snickering, seeing Yoongi's displeased face. "I'm sorry, love. But let me show it to you."

"Aren't you two meant to pick together?" Seokjin points out, giving a glare to Yoongi who puts up his hands in surrender. 

"I didn't know we were still trying to practice." Yoongi mumbles.

I huff, "I'm not dying, Yoongi. We can still pick the piece and try to learn it."

"Noona! Don't make that joke," Jimin complains.

Raising a brow, I tilt my head. "What joke?"

"About you dying!" He nods in a determined way, causing the rest of the youngests to chuckle and smother him with words about being cute.

I snicker. "Here it is." I mutter before then clicking play on the phone. 

Ballade No. 1, Op. 23.

A musical piece known for its heavy emotions. A masterpiece that made everyone wonder what kind of thoughts circled Chopin's mind. 

The longer the video plays, the more Yoongi seems to grow confused. "There's barely any violin in here."

I hear a soft chuckle from Namjoon and I know he understands the reason why I picked it. "Exactly. As much as I want to be there practicing day and night, I know I can't. I still have to do another bit of testing and after that I'll be exhausted. Then there's the results, and while I know nothing will probably happen, we-" I take a deep breath. "We just need to be prepared in case more tests have to be done." 

Yoongi hesitated, "But then that means if we perform it'll be mostly me playing."

Grinning, I nod. "Exactly! You get some practice, some you time. I think you deserve it with how far you've come."

Hoseok speaks up, "Don't you want to play though, YN?" And the three youngest nod in agreement.

"I would love to, especially in front of such an audience. But I physically can't." I shrug, "But that's okay! I'll be there for just a little bit. I'm being released from the hospital tomorrow if I want to be, so I'll try to practice then! Speaking of which, I think I only have a few more samples to give today so all of you shoo. I should be there in half an hour or so."

A lot of them complain or grumble but Seokjin and Namjoon usher them out, effectively clearing the space. 

But right after they all leave, someone comes running back. I expect it to be Yoongi but instead I see Jimin, pink hair contrasting the white around us.

"Did you forget something?" I ask, glancing around but I don't see anything.

Jimin hesitates before shaking his head, "Not really. I just wanted to ask you something."

"Go for it, Jiminie."

The boy hesitates again, shuffling in the doorway. "YN, be serious and stop trying to evade the question. Is- Is everything okay?" He gulps. "I've been in the hospital before, I know testing doesn't take this long. I know that you're only in here for so long because something came back positive."

I go to speak but he glances away and interrupts, "You can't leave us, okay? You can't leave Yoongi. I've never seen him so happy or alive and it's all because of you. So - So, don't you dare think about leaving."

"Jimin, I'm not-"

"What came back positive, YN?"

"Nothing-"

"Don't lie!" Jimin snaps, finally making eye contact again. His eyes are dark and his teeth gritted, a terrible mix of frustration and agony. "I told you to be serious."

"Just some blood samples that. . ." I glance away.

"That?"

"That are missing certain types of cells. But they're checking again and it might not even be fatal." I inform but my voice is wavering, it doesn't sound true.

Jimin can tell and I see his breath get caught in his throat, "How high is that chance? That they're not fatal?" He asks quietly, his voice softer now.

"Low. Much lower than I wish they were." I swallow the lump in my throat that tells I'll most likely cry soon. 

"YN. . ." The bed sinks as Jimin sits next to me, arms wrapping around me like Yoongi had been a few moments ago. "Why didn't you tell us, you crazy thing?"

I laugh softly at the nickname but my voice breaks halfway and tears are already falling down my cheeks. "I didn't want to tell until it was sure. And even then. . . I don't know if I could. I know I'll have to if it is sure but can you imagine everyone's face?"

A choked sob escapes. "Can you imagine Yoongi's face?" 

Jimin audibly gulps, "I can tell them YN, if you really need me to-"

"No. I couldn't let you do that." I try to laugh again but it doesn't work. So I just wipe my eyes and try to retreat from Jimin's hold. "But it doesn't even matter. I bet that it'll all be fine anyways, I always tend to have the best luck when it comes to these things."

Jimin smiles sadly at that, "I doubt you'll need luck, noona. After all, you always say you don't."

"Exactly."

End of Chapter Thirty

We're hitting the last chapters soon :(