Chapter Thirty Five

"So, when is the surgery?" Jimin asks as he pulls out new treats he brought. Another few days have passed and every day he's been bringing me sweets of all sorts.

"Two weeks from yesterday," I tell him without much attention because this time I see a bag with cursive writing on it that says "The Cheesecake Factory" . It looks super fancy to say the least. 

Jimin tilts his head, bangs sliding across his forehead, "From yesterday? But that means that it's on the day of your performance. . . What about Yoongi?"

I glance up to him, smiling softly, "You'll see."

Jimin huffs and sits down on his seat, "Fine then, noona. By the way, I brought some cheesecake that took forever to bring but," He grins and takes out two containers, "They looked freaking delicious."

"Hm, well let's see if that fact is true."

So we spend the next half an hour critiquing the cheesecakes and trying each others, giggling like crazy as we try to impersonate professionals. But we're stopped when someone else knocks on the door. 

We both glance up, cheeks stuffed from our last bites of cheesecake. 

Namjoon raises a brow, "Was not expecting this." He mutters and we see a few heads pop up above his shoulders.

"They got cheesecake?! When did Jimin hyung get cheesecake?!" Jeongguk complains in a whine.

Jimin huffs, "When I said I was going out to get a snack for YN and you just told me to get some for you!" He whines before then shaking his head, "I didn't get you any, by the way."

Jeongguk and Taehyung gasp as if Jimin had made some giant act of betrayal. "All the things I do for you!" Hoseok cries overdramatically, pretending to sob.

I snicker and glance to Jimin who is giggling and basically curling into himself from the attention. It makes me laugh and want to hug him. 

"So, what are you guys here for?" I ask, looking to all of them curiously. 

Namjoon smiles, "We just wanted to visit you if that's okay. Oh, and Yoongi wanted to give you a present." He waves a box in his hand, an action that causes everyone to yell out and reach for the box.

"Don't break it hyung! Yoongi would kill us!" Taehyung whines, taking the box gently before opening it slightly to make sure everything is intact. Upon seeing it is, he smiles and closes the box. "Here you go YN!" 

I thank them before gently taking the box, looking into it curiously. I gasp when I see what it is. 

"A piano key?" I whisper, indeed seeing a smaller version of what's meant to be a piano key hooked onto a chain so that it's a necklace.

Namjoon nods and hands over a note, "Here, he wanted you to read this too." 

I glance to everyone before taking the folded paper, opening it. 

"Dear YN, 

I heard my brothers were going to visit you today. I wanted to visit, I really did, but I bet that if I visited you would be angry at me for not practicing. So, in place of me, I have a small necklace to give you. It isn't metal so it shouldn't risk anything. 

I'll be visiting soon, whether you like it or not. There's simply one part of the piece that I want to get right, just for you. I suppose I'll see you soon, Sweetheart.

Love,
Min Yoongi"

I gulp, can't help the feeling of longing that wishes for Yoongi to be right by my side. "That's really sweet of him," I try to say clearly but my voice sounds heavy and thick. So I clear it, laughing softly, "Thank you for playing messenger, it was nice of you guys to bring this." I restate instead.