Chapter Twenty Seven

This is a really jumpy chapter, one to show that there's time passing. Really it's just fluff moments before the true stuff goes down. So enjoy! ( Btw, each music pass is a new fragment of time ).

Special thanks to wonpilian who edited this chapter! They know how to use semicolons and I wish I was at that level of god :'D

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

"Good! Good! Now, try to pick up the tempo here, you're a bit off. It'll be worse when I join since one of us will try to change how fast we're going, which can create a whole set of problems. I'll try to make sure I'm consistent here too, I know this part is weird," I mumble, circling the part on the score to make note. 

"Okay, let me add that. Oh, can you slow down a bit here? It's hard to slowly grow louder when you're still playing the higher set of notes. Also, in the middle of the duet, maybe we could let it alternate instead of just playing together? Kind of like giving each other a moment. It'll allow more of that competition feel." Yoongi writes the notes down already, not even letting me answer back.

I playfully roll my eyes with a snicker, making a note too. "Course. I'll write it down."

Yoongi and I had been working for a bit over a week now; from just making notes to practicing to just listening to the piece, we've been spending every second possible trying to learn the score.

It's been a bit crazy, but we've been pushing through.

Days were just flashes of memories and music.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

A lot of times, we work well.

"Ready?" I ask, getting a nod back.

And we start to play. Once we're done, we play again. And again. And again. And again, until our fingers hurt.

While we play, we continue to make notes and speak clearly to each other. It helps both Yoongi's anxiety and my ability to play overall. Plus, it's a lot easier to understand something when there's actual communication.

"One more time?" Yoongi asks, his voice calm despite how I'm panting like a dog from the exertion of playing.

"Do we have to?" I groan but I already have my violin positioned on my shoulder.

"I'll give you a kiss when we finish~"

"Mmm, how about two?"

"Deal."

I got my kisses.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Sometimes it's a bit harder.

Yoongi sighed, moving the chair closer to the piano to inspect me. "Are you sure you're okay?" He murmured in concern, touching my forehead and cheek, but simply shaking his head when he doesn't feel any difference in temperature.

"I'm fine, really Yoongs. Just a bit tired. I think I didn't sleep well last night. Let's just play again, okay?" I mumble, but really my hands are trembling. I don't let him see, though, instead just smiling. "Come on, the music won't play itself."

"Okay, but after we're resting."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

And other days, we don't really practice, but instead just listen to the music while in bed.

The violin gently plays in the room, accompanied by my harsh coughing while I lay in bed. Yoongi lays next to me, body holding mine protectively. It makes me smile, feeling safe.

"What are smiling about, hm? You're supposed to be sick," Yoongi murmurs softly, words told directly into my ear.

It causes me to shiver, but I still chuckle. Yoongi chuckles too. "I'm just glad to be here with you. Usually when I'm sick, I just have to get through it by myself, but this is much better," I whisper.

I can basically feel Yoongi frown before he shakes his head. "Well, I'm never letting you go through this by yourself. No matter how much you want to, I'll always be here."

"Okay, you big lug. You're so cheesy."

"You love it."

"Of course I do, because it's from you."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

There are, of course, fights, but that's to be expected. It happened in the second round too.

"I just don't think we can do that, YN! You're thinking too far ahead!" Yoongi yells, eyes sharpened dangerously.

"No I'm not! You're just trying to go back into your old ways!" I argue back, "We have to think ahead! At least a bit!"

"But I don't even know the score yet!"

"Well that's just an excuse, you know damn well it is!"

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

But in the end, we have a lot of fun. And soon, we're experimenting, trying to find the emotion in our music.

"Oh! Oh! Try using this note-"

"It's in C minor, love."

"- So that it sounds more excited! Like you're jumping in for the fight!"

Yoongi chuckles at my obvious excitement and shakes his head, "Okay, want to try that snippet then?"

I nod, excited, and he smiles before we play the small part that we just edited, the chord not working as well as I thought. I frown and huff before humming, "Maybe we can try-"

"This one?" Yoongi interrupts, playing a more 'bouncy' note that gets me to grin. So we try it.

And it sounds perfect.

"Yes! That one! Let's try the full song?" I can slightly feel a wave of dizziness creep up, but I don't let it show, instead grinning when he nods. 

Playing through the full song, my heart swells and any thoughts of sickness leaves. Instead, it's covered with pride as Yoongi happily plays, body swaying and moving along. I can see a smile - a gummy one at that. It makes my heart flutter. He only does that smile with the most important of things. 

I know that already. 

We hit the last notes, with me cheering through them. There's one or two stumbles, but maybe a few more practices and we'll be perfect. 

Yoongi looks to me, laughing happily. I rush over and smash my lips into his, the two of us kissing happily, showing our emotions through the one action.

We could make it through this. 

We could do this.

End of Chapter Twenty Seven