Chapter Thirty Three

"Woah! You're learning this so quickly!" I cheer, hearing Yoongi's confident playing while my eyes are still glued to the score.

Yoongi snickers, "Well, I thought it'd be important to make sure I knew the score so when you're fully released from the hospital, we can focus on your playing." 

I take a break from playing and simply sit down on the bench next to him, obviously limiting how far Yoongi can truly reach. He huffs but tries to continue playing, snickering when he simply skips certain notes since he can't reach them. 

"You're meant to be helping me," Yoongi mutters but it doesn't have any bite, instead it sounds more fond.

I chuckle, "I am. I'm giving you company."

Yoongi rolls his eyes but keeps playing, smiling softly to himself. We sit there for a bit. I watch Yoongi practice while I sit there, taking in the moment because I don't want to play right now. My partner doesn't question it, instead he just keeps going. I don't doubt that he probably thinks I'm just too tired to play. 

"Hey, Yoongs?" I suddenly ask, causing him to stop midway through the piece.

He looks to me, leaning forward to kiss my temple, "Yes, darling?"

The nickname causes me to blush and I glance away. "Uhm, do you want to go back to the hotel and just rest? I've really missed you and I know we need to learn the piece but-"

"Hey, of course we can go back to the hotel. Come on, lovely, let's go."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

We were back in bed, this time facing each other as I played with Yoongi's freshly dyed hair. Yoongi simply took in the attention as he rubbed my back and kissed my cheeks. 

"You know, if I knew we'd be this close when the competition started, I wouldn't have been so dramatic," I joke, smiling when I get a soft chuckle in return. 

Yoongi hums, "I suppose it's good you didn't know then. Your dramatic-ness is pretty fun to watch." 

I scoff, pretending to be hurt, "Wow, was I just some amusing person to watch and laugh at?"

"I suppose so."

"You're stupid."

"Mhm, love you too."

A bit of silence passes and I gulp. "So, uhm, I'll be in the hospital for a bit longer. These past few days have just been the time the doctors gave me before we had to do more tests."

Yoongi leans away, frowning, "What? 'More tests'? There's no way that you're doing more tests, so many have already been done." He sounds borderline angry but I ignore that fact.

"I know, they're just trying to be thorough." I chuckle, "I mean they're doctors, they know what they're doing." It's a weak attempt at a joke.

Yoongi sighs, "I guess." He takes a deep breath, "Just remember I'll be there for you, okay? I know you hate the tests and-"

"Actually, I want you to keep practicing." I interrupt, glancing away from what is probably either a shocked or hurt expression.

"You must be crazy if you think I'm leaving you alone," Yoongi basically growls, shocking me when he sounds more angry

Hesitantly, I look back to him, "Yoongs-"

"Do you think I'm going to let you do all this by yourself?" Yoongi grits out, hand stopping it's movement on my back. 

"No, just-"

"Stop trying to push me away, YN!" Yoongi finally snaps. I flinch lightly at the loud noise. At the action of fear, Yoongi's expression softens and he glances away. "I know how you are, you try to act like everything is fine. But just- You shouldn't, okay? I-" The boy stutters and I can already tell he's struggling with his words.

It makes me smile sadly. "Yoongi, I'm not pretending. I have everything to keep me happy. This stuff with the hospital, it's just a minor bump in the road."

"It's not. I know it's not," He weakly fights, "I'm worried about you. I know you're on medication now and I saw that the pill bottles are growing number already. For what even? The spells, the headaches? That should only require a small bit of medication, not the five bottles that you already carry around in your purse.

And tests don't take this long! I know they don't. You know it too, I can tell by the way you keep trying to run from the hospital every time you go. And I also know that you're not telling me things. I see the weird glances you and Jimin give each other, he knows what's happening and won't even tell. You won't even tell me. What's so bad you won't even tell your boyfriend?"

I gulp, "Yoongi, I just want to clarify that nothing is happening with Jimin and I-"

Yoongi groans, exasperated, "It's not a thing of jealousy! It just came out wrong, that's why." He closes his eyes before simply hiding the crook of my neck. "I'm just worried. I want you to tell me what's happening so I'm not in the dark." 

"Nothing's happening, love. It's just all really complicated," I whisper, kissing the top of his head as best as I can from the angle we're at.

"Then explain it to me! I want to know YN! I need to know! What am I going to do if whatever you have is fatal?!"

I don't know, Yoongi.

I don't know

I just wordlessly pet his hair, kissing the top of his head again. 

End of Chapter Thirty Three