Epilogue

Yoongi POV 

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

- A Year Later -

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" My brothers sing while I wait to add in the finishing touch. 

Meanwhile, Jimin is having a giggling fit from all the attention and embarrassment. It makes me smile. They start to finish the song and quickly, I use an overly deep voice to sing the last line.

"Happy birthday to you, Jimin!" I sing, everyone looking at me with laughter. I grin, snickering when Seokjin leans forward and wipes cake onto Jimin's cheek.

"Yay!" Taehyung cheers, deep voice booming.

Jimin blows out the candle and we all smile. Everyone heads to do their own thing, some bringing presents and others going to cut the cake. I go to my room to grab my present, thankful I don't share the room with Jimin like the rest of the maknae's do.

"Okay, where is it?" I huff out after a good bit of trying to find the present. 

How do I not remember where I hid it?

I open my closet, searching around a bit before standing on my tiptoes to search on the shelf above. "Oh, there's a box. Are you here, Mr. Present?" I question to myself, a habit gained from quite a bit ago. Almost a year ago, I realize. 

I reach for the box, trying to edge it out. 

Almost there.

It starts to fall but I'm not fast enough to catch it, resulting in the box opening and multiple papers falling out.

Kay, well that's not the present. 

I decide to clean it up, knowing Seokjin will have a fit if I don't. 

"These papers are too old," I mutter before my eye catches on two envelopes. Instantly, I know what it is. I've spent too many hours studying those envelopes.

I gulp and reach out for it, hands starting to tremble when I have both. 

I can't help but laugh sadly, seeing all the different phrases and words she put onto the envelopes. 

It's going to be a year soon. A whole year compared to the few months I knew you. Why didn't we get more?

The question brings down my laughter and I'm no longer smiling, shutting my eyes to try and force back tears. I read these letters almost everyday for a good six months, they shouldn't still make me cry. Yet just seeing their covers makes me want to break and never come back together.

"It's been almost a whole year," I whisper to the letters, as if it actually holds her. As if it actually holds YN. Sighing when I get no response, I continue, "It's Jimin's birthday again. I wonder what you would have done or gotten him? Knowing you two, probably some sweets." 

I gulp, "You know, you never told me your birthday. It's already passed and I didn't even do anything. In a few weeks, I will. I'll make that your birthday, okay?"

"Yoongi hyung! Where are you? We already cut cake!" Jimin calls, causing my eyes to snap open.

I'm hit with reality and quickly glance around. 

I should really grab that present. 

But when I look back to the envelope, I bite my lip. I haven't looked at these letters in awhile. 

No, it's Jiminie's birthday. She wouldn't want you wallowing during such an event anyways.

With a sigh, I mentally prepare to move from my spot but before I can, I hear the door open. I turn around, seeing Jimin there.