4

After climbing down the building with a lot of unnecessary complications, which would've been easily avoided if Jungkook didn't hold onto you. As he put it, he felt you were still a flight risk. You couldn't really blame him you'd probably would've done the same in his position.

You'd just wish he wouldn't hold your wrist in a almost bone crushing grip. "So what now? I meet the rest of the group? Or is this the part where I'm blind folded and taken to a secret mafia base?"

Raising an eyebrow, Jungkook look at you. As if he was trying to figure out if you were serious or not. "I don't know what weird stuff you read, but we don't do that. We don't even have a secret base."

"Am I suppose to even know you guys don't have a secret base?"

Jungkook pauses for awhile before shrugging it off. Taking out a phone he started to text someone, the dimly lit screen reflected off his eyes. You lean over a bit discreetly to try to see what he was doing. Although he didn't notice you peeking he turn the phone off and put it away before you saw anything.

"If anything it's safer not having a base, it may not seem like it but I can only trust you as far as I can throw you right now." He said casually while finally letting go of your wrist. Jungkook raised his arms above his head into a stretch while yawning. You took the moment to look him over again, making a mental note never to arm wrestle him.

The distant wails of sirens, and the occasional cat shriek or glass breaking from down the street, filled the silent alleyway. But the sharp scrap against rusted metal made your inner golden retriever ears perk. After staring at the taller male for awhile, you cleared your throat. "Don't worry the feelings mutual. And whoever's hiding behind that dumpster can come out now." You said the last part tilting your head so they could hear.

You kept your eyes on Jungkook, but you kept focusing your hearing behind you. Clearer than before, you were now sure you could hear breathing that wasn't yours or Jungkook's. Before Jungkook could say anything another voice cut through the night.

"I'm surprised you heard me." A deep voice calls out playfully. You turned around, your eyes landing on a black silhouette moving away from the dumpster and  coming over to you.

"Taehyung is that you?" Jungkook called out, in a innocent tone laced with curiosity. Which threw you off a bit. But now led you to honestly believe he was just a bunny trapped in a man's body at this point.

Now that this Taehyung person was out of the dark and into the neon street lights more. The first thing you noticed was his clearly dyed blonde hair and sharp blue eyes. But after closer inspection you figured that they were probably contacts. He dressed like he was ready for a runway, and everything about him screamed Gucci. Because there was literally a extravagant Gucci logo written across his jacket in cursive.

For someone dressed so flashy and out of place, you were relieved to have found him from your trained hearing. Still, part of you was cautious by the fact you didn't hear him moving around until he got five feet close to you. You took a few steps back to keep a safe distance between yourself and the blonde male. "It is, but remember Kookie, at work it's V." Tae said giving him a unique boxy smile.

"Speaking of work Kookie. How'd your end of this job go? It seemed like RM really wanted this Ace guy. And I didn't see him in my area so I assume he showed up in your area or Suga Hyung's area." Tae, or V said. His cerulean contacts landed on you. You almost looked away, even though they were just contacts. They were striking and any normal teen girl would've instantly panty dropped at his stare. Thankfully, you were the furthest thing from normal.

This V guy was almost unreal. He looked like he was created from a computer game. If looks could kill he'd be a murderer. Plus the single freckle on his nose made his face all the more dreamy by teenage girl standards. So you held eye contact with him, even if part of you was dying to break eye contact. But the smirk that spread out on his lips threw you of a bit, causing you to break eye contact eventually.

"Kookie, I expected this from anyone else but you. But you should know it isn't safe to buy company while working. It can be dangerous, especially in this area." Tae finished saying, waving his index finger at Jungkook while tsking.

After what Tae said finally clicked, Jungkook and you both quickly started yelling no repeatedly.

"N-No Hyung. She isn't that kind of girl. And you know I wouldn't do something like that." Jungkook replied quickly.

"Yeah and I'm a luxury most can't afford, so I doubt he could even buy a minute of my company." You said while crossing your arms over your chest.

Tae laughed a bit from amusement causing you to look at him again. "I figured Kookie. I only said that to tease you." Tae laughed and pat Jungkook's arm, then looks back over at you. "Sorry if it offended you." He said while he snickers under his breath at Jungkook's flustered reaction.

"A-Anyways." Jungkook said getting Tae's attention. "Tell the others it was a successful job, I found Ace. Also Hyung, Ace isn't a he, it's a she."

Tae's expression goes from giddy to surprised in an instant. "I thought it was a guy though."

"Right? I thought it was a guy too!"

"Wait till we tell RM that he's been investigating random guys for no reason now."

You interrupted them, dying to ask this question ever since you met Jungkook. "Why does everyone keeping thinking I'm a guy?"

Jungkook looked at you then up at the sky thinking. He brought it hand to his mouth resting his index finger above his upper lip, with his elbow stuck out. After a few solid seconds of thinking he answers, "I don't know why but, we kind of got from a vibe it was a guy. I mean your title is, Ace: Deadly Hitman, not Ace: Deadly Hit-teenage girl. Plus some of the jobs you've done are either a lot of dirty work or really brutal killings. Especially for a girl, but don't take that the wrong way."

"That's a fair point? I guess?" You said in an unsure tone, putting your hands on your hips a little annoyed. Just because your girl didn't mean you couldn't kick ass and not be afraid of getting your hands dirty is what you wanted to yell out. Giving up on him you turned back to Tae, noticing quickly that he still had a surprised look glued to his face.

"Wait! You're really Ace?!"

"Yup. So I assume your part of the group, uh, BTS was it?"

He nodded in response, excitedly, Tae actually reminded you of an energetic puppy in that way.

"You're a lot more smaller than I expected!" He cupped your cheeks suddenly, and out of instinct you shoved his hands away while moving back more. Taking on a stance like you were ready to fight, but after realizing it wasn't exactly a life threatening situation, you awkwardly relaxed your position.

"Sorry, I forget that some people aren't touchy touchy." He said with another boxy smile while his hands went up together in front of his face to emphasize his quick apology. "We should introduce her to the other Hyungs, Kookie! C'mon!" Tae said, and before Jungkook or you could say anything. He already started skipping off and away from you guys.

"This is the first time I've ever met someone how was genuinely trusting in strangers." You told Jungkook when you figured Tae was out of earshot.

Jungkook started to walk, following Tae's lead. He grabbed your wrist like he did earlier, "He's pretty good at figuring out people with good intentions and those who are fake. But trust me when I say that Tae- V is the scariest and smartest enemy you can make. He might not look like it, but if you do anything to cross him. He'll turn into your worst nightmare.

"Speaking of nightmares, some of our hyungs are a bit more vocal or visual about their distrust. So sorry in advance if they rub you the wrong way and don't try to take anything personal? I mean after all RM really wants you. N-Not in a weird way like that though."

You were grateful that Jungkook was looking at the back of Tae's skipping figure the whole time. Because he didn't notice that for the whole time while he was talking, you were biting your lip. Something you did out of habit when you were nervous or worried. Did this RM guy or whoever really want you? He wanted you alive, but to what extent of "alive" is what started to rattle your nerves a bit.

Now that you were looking again at the cards you were dealt. You really hope that you could survive this game between you a BTS. Because from here on out you could only assume it would get more brutal to survive the more you got involved with BTS. Hopefully, for your own sake you thought, you hoped you wouldn't get deeper into their world.