23

"So, let me get this straight." You leaned back into the overly cushioned chair while rubbing the bridge of your nose. Inhaling deeply through your nose, you looked at the nervous Tae in front of you. Who was holding a large paper cup with both hands, while drinking his hot chocolate with his eyes locked onto yours.

"When you said become sexier, you meant, you wanted to be like Jimin?" You said a bit slowly drawing out every word. Thankfully you guy's found a empty café to talk in, or else you would've been passively aggressively whispering everything. Especially having a conversation like this.

"Mhm," He hummed happily while licking off whip cream from his upper lip, "If I'm being honest, I felt like asking Jimin directly would've been awkward."

Like asking me would make it any less awkward. You thought to yourself in small grumbles as you took another sip of your caramel macchiato. "Can you just elaborate more on it."

"Which part?" He asked while arching a brow, as if you were suppose to understand his vague alien language.

"Oh, you know, just the part where you explain all of it." You said with a hint of sarcasm before going back to your drink.

"I want to be more useful to the group in other words."

"By being sexier?"

"Yes."

"Okay, do you see where I'm getting confused." You pointed out to him again. After a while of looking around lost in thought, he snapped his fingers when he finally realized what you meant.

"I figured if I became sexier I could be like Jimin, because he's like our group's seducer." He fully explained with confidence this time.

"That last part is debatable, but what's with the sudden role change?" You asked genuinely curious.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he half-lidded his eyes as he looked do at the cup. "Everyone has a role, Namjoon hyung is the leader, Jin hyung is our escape route, Hoseok hyung does hacking stuff, Yoongi hyung does assassin things like you, and Jungkook is just good at everything. All I can do really is stay out of the way or be a look out. That's why I want to be important to the group's survival just like everyone else."

"I think I understand now, more or less at least." You hummed back in response.

Tae's face lit up a bit at your reaction, "Does that mean you'll help me?"

"Isn't that why I'm with you guys in the first place?"

"Oh yeah, I didn't think about it like that. I guess after a while I don't see it that way anymore. You're more of a friend now, to me at least." He leaned over the table to bop your nose as he called you a friend. Feeling a little embarrassed at his action, you looked away while pulling your hair forward to cover the slight blush on your cheeks.

"I thought really hard about it too, so I'm really serious about it. And when you first met us you were able to make Jimin flustered for once, that's why I came to you." Tae said with a smile that drew out his dimples.

You heard the bell to the door ring as a few more people start to come in, glancing over at the small line at the cashier you felt a light bulb go off. After staring into Tae's eyes after a while you cleared your throat before saying, "I want to see the work that's cut out for me."

"Like at the arcade?"

"Yup, exactly. Except without the arcade part this time." He pouted a bit while he played with the drawstrings from his hoodie.

"Are you heart set on being like Jimin?"

Tae nodded eagerly with his brow furrowed a bit in determination, "Yes, after all I think I have the visuals for it."

Ace For Hire // BTS Reader Insertजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें