13

"Alright! Pair up and do Set B stretches!" The coach blew his whistle unnecessarily again for the millionth time in the span of ten minutes. Gym barely started and you already felt like ditching. Which was a first for you. Usually it's a few minutes into class before you try to leave, but today was just going differently for you. Everyone in class instantly gravitated to their friends for partners. Without Jungkook, there was only 17 students. Obviously, you were left by yourself, but you were used to it.

You knew there was a chance that those guys might not show up. You never would admit it, but you kept looking at the door during math. Waiting for Tae to bounce through the door in classic puppy fashion, or for Jimin to stroll in saying something stupid like, 'I'm not late, everyone else got here early.' But that never happened.

You felt your eye bags pulling down on your lids throughout your classes, you got to school an hour ago from the hospital. Reminding yourself to clean the dress Tae gave you before you gave it back to him. Feeling your worn out ankles, and the constant need to close your eyes for a minute you wanted to fake being sick just to go to the nurse's office.

Nope, just like every other sleep deprived student here, you drank a harmful amount of coffee, did two shots of vodka, and dragged yourself to school. Especially since you went through the trouble of writing notes for your notes.

You finished your math work early so you figured you could kill time by making copies of your notes for them. Writing them to match their personalities, like highlighting and coloring for Jimin's notes, and drawing random emoji characters for Tae's notes.

English was just as uneventful. Except for "Ms." Yoongi being there, it looked like your teacher came back. So RM was also missing. You wanted to ask Suga how they were doing, but as soon as the bell rang he ran out like the building was on fire. You didn't bother going to your secret spot for lunch. Once all the students left the class, you ask the teacher if you could stay to finish notes.

You nearly gave your teacher a heart attack because he didn't notice anyone left in class before he left. He fumbled around to fix his glasses to make sure you weren't a ghost and just told you to lock the door behind you before you leave. You smiled with a bit of pride at the extra notes you made for them, but then you faded out into a blank stare. Remembering why they were absent in the first place.

They've only been here a day. So it's not like you miss them or anything.

Right?

All you had left to power through now was gym class. Humming a bit as you crack your knuckles, you observed the other students stretching themselves lazily. Since the stretches actually required another person and you were the only one leftover, you sat crisscrossed in the grassy area a few steps away from the track.

Running your fingers through the grass and ripping out fistfuls of grass blades, you tossed them up a bit and watch the wind weakly blow against them carrying them. You brought your knees up to your chest and rest your cheek against your knees.

Gliding your fingers over the grass again, you brushed your finger tips up a stray dandelion stem. Tracing your hand down the stem, you pinched your nails together, slicing through the paper thin stem cleanly. You picked it up and held it closer to your face. Watching the fluffy round top of the dandelion barely move with the breeze.

Before you could blow the seeds away to let it messily scatter around. Darkness suddenly filled your vision as a pair of hands cover your eyes. Your hand shot up to grab the arm to flip over whoever did that. But they quickly started talking before you could react, as if they known sneaking up on you wasn't a good idea but they did it anyways. You instantly recognized their voice. Causing your death grip to loosen around their wrist.