24

"Woah there's so many guns in here.." Taehyung said in a loud whisper, his tone filled with amazement. There was also a sparkle that quickly shot across his eyes like a shooting star, or like a kid in a candy shop.

"Well, it is a gun store, so I would hope there would be a lot of guns here." You couldn't help but smile a bit. Not because of the familiarity of the run down gun store, but because Tae just had a very contagious smile.

"I'll go rent us an hour stall. While I do that, you can go look at other guns and bullets, it'd be good for you to be familiar with the different types of guns and ammos." You told him while you looked through your wallet for your card pass. Out of the corner of your eye you could see him nod enthusiastically, before skipping away from you. Before he left your side, you quickly yelled "but don't touch anything!"

You heard a faint 'Okay!', although you doubt he listened, you headed to the counter. Noticing no one was there, you tapped the edge of your card against the counter while looking around. After a while you tapped the rusted call bell twice while calling out, "Mr. Ahn are you here?"

You heard someone yell something through the back room. Before you could decipher what they were saying, a boy around your age pops through the door. His eyes were closed tightly and he lazily scratched his bed head. Even though it's been a few years you recognized the taller male.

"Oh it's you Jaehyun, I almost didn't recognized you." You told him, I guess puberty hit him like a semi truck.

"Same here, to be fair it's been a while. Like a whole year but you know, a while. If you're here about your dad, my dad hasn't found anything yet and he's out of town too so.." Jaehyun trailed off a bit while wiping random dirt off the steel counter.

"I'm not here for information." You reassured him, "I want to rent a stall for an hour." You handed him the card. While he wrote down your membership number, you took the chance to look around the store again.

You remembered coming in here for the first time a year ago. It'd be hard to forget that memory, since you almost killed someone for the first time.

/////

Carefully pushing the heavy reinforced steel door open, you stepped inside onto the old matted carpet. Your rainboots instantly soaking the nasty green and orange color fade of the carpet, you push your hoodie off to let your sweaty scalp breathe.

Looking down at a recipient in your hand, you closely inspected the crumpled paper. After being confident that you were at the right place, you shoved the receipt into your back pocket and made your way to the front.

You scrunched your nose at metal scraps and gun power that messily covered the steel counter. After looking around for awhile to see no one you tapped the call bell hesitantly. You were constantly going back and forth a bit about leaving or staying. You ended up staying, because the receipt was left behind by your dad, and you figured it might lead you to the truth.

You took a deep breath to steady your nerves, which you instantly regretted because you breathed in a bunch of chemicals and lingering gun smoke too.

One hand stayed in your rain coat pocket while the other hand tapped the bell again. This time you heard a voice yell from behind the 'Employees Only' door. The door handle turned before an older man came out. He wore a faded blue and white stripped button up with a pair of tan pants that were held up with suspenders. He did a double take at you before wiping his glasses.

"Were you looking for something in particular?" He asked while tilting his head down to look at you from the same eye level.

"I'm not looking for something, I'm looking for someone." You held eye contact with him as you pulled the receipt out. You shook it out straight and held it out in front of his face a foot away.