Dare - #94

Annabeth: You were crying during the Brachiosaurus scene.

Athena: I was not! You will not accuse me of such a thing, Annabeth Chase.

Annabeth: You were sniffling, mother.

Athena: You must've been imagining it, dear.

Annabeth: *grins*

Athena: *rolls her eyes* Okay, fine. Maybe I shed a tear. But that's it!

Annabeth: Still cried.

Athena: Thank you for today though. I've been planning to watch Fallen Kingdom with H - I've been planning to watch it for a while now but spending time with my daughter? I wouldn't have it any other way.

Annabeth: *stares and raises an eyebrow at her*

Athena: *clears her throat*

Annabeth: Anyways, remember those weird things I've been doing?

Athena: Oh gods. Please don't tell me you're gonna do something -

Annabeth: No! I'm here to explain too. They were all dares.

Athena: *blinks* Dares?

Annabeth: Yes. These weird things -

Athena: Like adopting a baby all of a sudden.

Annabeth: *sighs* Yes. I swore on the River Styx to do those dares and I don't think it's gonna end anytime soon.

Athena: *closes her eyes and pinches the bridge of her nose* Gods save me.

Annabeth: Hey, I'm not liking this either!

Athena: You squeezed lemons into the Queen of the Gods' eyes for a dare, Annabeth! As your mother, I am... mortified to say the least!

_______________________________________________________

A/N: ShadowmasktheFirst dared Annabeth to do something nice for her mother and explain to her that all those ridiculous stuff she's been doing are dares.