intro to characters & prolouge

Hey I'm Adeline Cynthia Elliot. But everyone either calls me Addy or Ace (because of my initials). I am 20 years old and I live in Houston, Texas. I have an older brother named Abraham, which means father of many, and ain't that true he's 25 and has 4 kids but he's had 4 kids! If you close you call him Abe, if you not close to him you call him Gas. That's what most people call him.

 That's what most people call him

Abraham/Abe/Gas

My brother is a kingpin, he does shit all in and out of the states but he doesn't get me involved in any of that shit. Abe basically raised me with our mama dying the summer before my freshman year, she just didn't wake up one morning.

June 6th 2011
I walked into my mama's room. I turned the lights on looking in her mirror. I said "mama how does this look? Does it show too much?" When she didn't answer I said "mama."

I pulled the covers off her and shook her a little but felt she wasn't that warm. I screamed "MAMA WAKE UP!" I grabbed my phone and called 911. Abe came running in the room, "mama mama please get up!"

Abe felt her neck and saw her pulse was gone.. He said "Addy she's gone."

I said "no theirs no way! She was just here, we were going to the beach today.. you can't leave us too mama.." I got into the bed with her, I couldn't move I was stuck..

When the paramedics got there they literally had to rip me off of her because I wouldn't let them take her. Abe had to be held back because he thought they weren't treating her properly.

Ever since that day Abe has been the best big brother ever and always looks after me. I swear I'm 21 and I think I've never had sex nor a real serious boyfriend because Abe always scares them away. My best friend's name is Tanisha Evans.

She's been my best friend since diaper days! She's always stuck around never been on no lame hoe shit