chapter 11

When I woke up I showered before Amina woke up. I put on a tank top and shorts. When she woke up I changed her diaper and fed her. After she ate I burped her then gave her a bath. I said "mamas baby.. yes mamas baby." She was smiling and kicking around.

I was just thinking and I can't believe that the person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with would do me like that. She was making noises and splashing the water. I heard my phone ringing and I took her out wrapping her in the towel. I went and looked at my phone and it was Amir FaceTiming me for the 100th time. I grabbed my phone and answered. I said "what do you want?"

He said "yo where you at? Where is my daughter?"

I said "we are at my new house Amir. I'm not going back to you."

I saw tears start to build up in his eyes. He said "how am I supposed to see Mimi?"

I said "you can get her on the weekends, which means all your females will have to be nonexistent at the time."

He said "baby I would never do that."

I said "I didn't think you would ever cheat on me and get another girl pregnant either Amir."

He said "I'm sorry Adeline. I really swear I didn't mean for this to happen."

I said "did mean what? For me to find out or for you to even cheat in the first place?"

He said "I was drunk babe, I didn't know what I was doing."

I said "it's no need to tell me this. I don't not care, it's over. I'm done."

He said "can I atleast see Amina?"

I said "hold on I'm getting her dressed."

He said "what you bout to do?"

I said "we are going to get some more stuff for the house."

I got my baby dressed and then put her in the camera with her dad. He said "hey daddy's girl, I hope your being good for your mama." She was putting her hands in her mouth and bouncing around a little. "I love you Amina, and I love you, as well, Addy. I'm sorry I broke up our family."

That put tears into my eyes. I said "it's okay Mir.. I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you."

With that, I hung up. That's all that needed to be said. I was just done, couldn't do sit and be hurt forever. I said "let's go princess."

When we go to the store I picked out a couple things for each room. When we were in the store I bumped carts with a man with a baby car seat in his cart just like me. I said "oh sugar. sorry."

He smiled and said "it's alright." Then at the same time Amina started crying and so did his baby.

I said "aww mimi it's ok, calm down."

He said "I bet they heard each other then boom."

I said "probably." I picked Amina up and held her for a little while trying to calm her.

As he picked up his daughter she looked to be around the same age as Amina

As he picked up his daughter she looked to be around the same age as Amina. He put his had put to shake mine, he said "I'm Kareem and this is my daughter Kaylea."

I said "Addy and this is my daughter Amina."

He said "nice to meet you. We should get together sometimes, the girls could have a little play date."

I laughed and said "yeah that'd be nice, take my number." He pulled out his phone and we exchanged numbers.

After we left the store I fed her then put her down for a nap. Just then I got a message.

347-670-8906 : hey this is Kareem
Addy: hey, this is Addy lol
Kareem: what y'all up to?"
Addy: just put my baby down for a nap, I'm bout to make myself some food.
Kareem: oh ok, I just put Kaleya down for her nap too. How old is Amina?
Addy: she's 8 months.
Kareem: oh ok, Leya just turned 9 months.
Addy: do you mind if I ask you a question?
Kareem: no. Ask away.
Addy: where is her mom?
Kareem: she passed away during childbirth. Where's her dad?

I gasped and felt horrible for asking..

Addy: I'm so sorry for your loss. Amina's father and I actually just broke up because he decided to cheat on me and get the girl pregnant.
Kareem: it's ok, you didn't know. But that's so fucked up, how could anyone do that to a woman as beautiful as you.
I felt myself smiling as I replied.
Addy: I don't know, unfortunately it's how it unfolded.
Kareem: would you be open to me and Kaleya coming over sometime? Just for them to play and me maybe get to know you a little better.
Addy: that sounds great