Chapter 26

I said "Kareeem!"

He said "yes babe?" He came upstairs and said "you aight?"

I said "I'm ok."

He said "why you yell then ma?"

I said "my water broke."

He looked at me and immediately started tripping, he said "Addy, come on are you serious?"

I nodded and held my stomach as I felt a contraction I groaned lightly. I said "yes baby, we gotta get to a hospital."

He said "how ya ass so calm, come on ma we having a baby!"

He helped me up and I rubbed my stomach. I walked slowly down the steps because I was in pain, my baby was big and still only 7 months so I was worried. He grabbed the baby bag and grabbed a towel for the seat. He put it down before helping me in. I said "shit Reem it hurts."

He drove to the maternity hospital and ran in yelling he said "hey hey hey my fiancé having my son!"

A doctor came over and they helped me onto a bed. They put me in my room. Kareem helped me put on the gown. He helped me into the bed and then the doctor came in. She first checked how much I was dialated. She said "you're about 6 centimeters dialated. So we are going to need about 4 more centimeters before you can give birth."

I said "but I'm only 7 months.."

She said "let's do an ultra sound and make sure everything is alright."

I nodded and she went grabbing the machine. While also hooking me up to a contraction tracker. I groaned feeling another one. Reem said "you aight Addy?"

I said "it hurts baby."

I didn't want to concern him but I was in pain. He came next to me and pecked my lips and forehead. He said "it'll be aight mama, Jibreel coming."

After 2 hours the doctor came back in checking how dialated I was. She said "2 more centimeters Adeline, are you doing ok?"

I started breathing out as I felt another contraction. I said "I'm in pain."

She said "do you want an epidural?"

I said "no it's okay, I'm having a natural birth."

She nodded and said "alrighty, I'll be back to check on you."

Reem had his head down on the bed holding my hand while sitting in the chair. I knew he was praying to himself. Most likely that Jibreel is healthy and I'm ok.

I said "baby."

He said "yes ma?

I said "I love you baby."

He wrapped his arms around me and pecked my lips. He said "I love you too, you staying strong for me mama?"

I said "yes babe."

About 4 hours later..

Jibreel Steffon Johnson

My baby was normal sized but had some issues breathing at first because of him being premature. Once he was breathing ok they brought him to me and I held him. My baby was so cute and had chubby cheeks. Kareem said "look at my babies."

I smiled and pecked his lips. I said "mommy's boy."

He said "he looks more like you right now."

I said "Mi looked just like me too, still does."

He said "my son gon get my face I don't care."

I laughed and said "you wish."

He laughed and I said "you wanna hold him?"

He nodded and he stood up gently holding him. He said "you just couldn't wait to meet daddy, huh? Coming all early. You lucky ya mama was ready."

I laughed as Jibreel started smiling and opened his eyes a little. I said "my baby so adorable, text Abe."

He handed him back to me and I was just admiring him. I was so happy that he was here and healthy. He said "he bouta bring the girls up here."

I smiled and said "okay babe." Jibreel started crying and I said "aw you loud just like your sister."

His diaper wasn't full so I knew he was hungry. I unbuttoned the side of my hospital gown and set him up to breastfeed. He was eating and then I burped him. When he finished I rubbed my his back as he fell asleep. Kareem said "lemme hold my son, you get some sleep babe."

I nodded as I handed him to him. He held Jibreel and I feel asleep staring at them. I woke up when I heard the girls come in. Abe said "shhh ya mom and brother sleeping."

Kareem said "nah he up now."

I opened my eyes and Mi and Kay were sitting at the bottom of the bed. I said "hey babies."

Mi screamed "mommy!" Which cause Jibreel to cry.

Ace said "I told you Mi, you can't be yelling like that. Your brother's ears are super sensitive."

She said "I'm sorry," with tears building in her eyes.

I said "come here Mi."

I wrapped my arms around her hugging her. She said "are you mad at me?"

I said "no, we just have to be more careful now princess. Your brother came earlier than we thought and we want to make sure he's healthy like you and Kay. So yelling won't help his little ears ok?"

She said "okay mommy."

I said "lemme see my baby."

I picked up Jibreel and redid his swaddle. I said "come see y'all little brother."

They sat on either side of him and were whispering to him. Kay said "hi brother. You so cute and you got fat cheeks like me."

Mi said "we all got fat cheeks."

I laughed as they interacted with him. Kareem pecked their heads and said "I'm bouta go grab y'all some food."

I nodded. He started crying and I checked his diaper which needed to be changed. I said "y'all go to the end of the bed so I can change pop's diaper."

I undid his swaddle and onesie before I said "Abe can you pass me the wipes and a diaper?"

He passed them to me as I removed the diaper and cleaned him with a wipe and put on a diaper. He was kicking his little legs as I pulled his onesie back on. I pulled him back on and put him on my chest. He laid and I rubbed his back. Abe said "he a lil handsome baby."

I said "yeah he is, what could you expect?"

We laughed and he said "you crazy."